What's new

Beta Lyra MAP-AC2200 AiMesh 2.0 Beta?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Sullivan

New Around Here
@ligeza -- Would you mind sharing firmware for the Lyra MAP-AC2200? I see in the original RC1/RC2 threads mention of Lyra support.

I am currently using AI Mesh 1.0, but would like to upgrade all of this to 2.0 and dont see a Lyra MAP-AC2200 386 bios

Here's my network list and the AI mesh 2.0 versions I have found

1x GT-AC5300 (head unit) - wired backhaul - AI Mesh2.0 version 9.0.0.4.386.41994
1x RT-AC5300 - wired backhaul - AI Mesh2.0 version 9.0.0.4.386.41994
1x RT-AC86U - wired backhaul - AI Mesh2.0 version 3.0.0.4.386.42643
3x MAP-AC2200 (Lyra) - 1 wired backhaul, 2 wi-fi backhaul - AI Mesh2.0 version ?

I sent you a PM with link to this files downloaded from 52asus.com on my google drive. If you want, you can download them, sent to another file hosting service and share them here.

The Lyra MAP-AC2200 works perfect for me with this version of the firmware "FW 9.0.0.4.386.41615 RC2 (Aimesh 2.0)", since February, no faults, no problems.

@ligeza @DelBierzo can you explain why this firmware is never getting posted on the forum?
I am following the forum and been waiting since first beta of Aimesh 2.0 for support of Lyra Mini (MAP-AC1300), but all I see is people requesting it in PMs while firmware for all other supported routers is publicly available.

With that being said, I still have not gotten my hands on it so no matter what the answer to the above question is, I would still like someone to send it to me.
Thank you :)

The firmware was posted on the 52asus.com, I don't know why it also didn't get posted on this forum, maybe there are some bugs or it's for Chinese market. I sent you link to this firmware. If you want you can upload it to a file hosting service and share it here.

Do we know what the origin of this firmware is? Are we sure it is not some hacked ‘special edition’? It just seems a bit strange that it popped up in some forum months ago, but there is very little information on it.
Is it a genuine Asus beta, and is it still being actively developed towards a release version?

Yes, Lyra devices can be used as a Mesh node with a router running my firmware. I actually did quite a few tests that way using a Lyra Trio as a node to my RT-AX88U.

As I have said before, it works perfect at least for me, I do not have or have had any problems. Asus RT-AX58U (FW Merlin 386_2_4) and Lyra MAP-AC2200 (FW 9.0.0.4.386.41615 RC2).

Sin título.png

Does anyone have the Lyra Mini (MAP-AC1300) version of this 386 beta firmware they could share? I’m tempted to try it, although am still wondering why the only place where these betas cropped up was 52asus.com, rather than there being more debate around the betas e.g. here.

Code:
MAP-AC1300_9.0.0.4_386_41615-g7c2264e.trx
MAP-AC1750_9.0.0.4_386_41615-g7c2264e.trx
MAP-AC2200_9.0.0.4_386_41615-g7c2264e.trx

I've been waiting forever for the 386 base for Lyra voice (have two of them). Am going to try the link provided heretoday. Hopefully, Asus will release fully supported version soon (same goes with RT-AC5300 - i only see a beta version for this).

I cannot flash this version found in the links: Lyra 386 RC2 FW v9.0.0.4.386_41615-g7c2264e. It seems too small. Can someone send me the proper firmware file?

Is there any new release of beta firmware for Lyra? on v.41615 2.4GHz has very poor performance.

Yes, Lyra devices can be used as a Mesh node with a router running my firmware. I actually did quite a few tests that way using a Lyra Trio as a node to my RT-AX88U.
RMerlin, if my devices are all asus firmware, can I put merlin version on my GT-AC5300 without needing merlin on all of my AiMesh devices?

RMerlin, if my devices are all asus firmware, can I put merlin version on my GT-AC5300 without needing merlin on all of my AiMesh devices?
You can mix Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin devices within an AiMesh network.

You can mix Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin devices within an AiMesh network.
I see you now support the GT AX11000 (My main router). Is there any benefit to having nodes run your firmware as well? I have two AX92Us as nodes but see they still aren't supported yet.

And will you be supporting the AX92U in the future?

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!