What's new

Max 2.4 GHZ Connections?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ah, do any of the previous firmwares allow more? Planned fix for the future?

Yea, I’m not sure when exactly it started but I think it’s after they released fixed for KRACK.

Most users that were willing to experiment reported that it is fixed in official firmware, some claim it’s still broken. You could give that a try? I’m guessing you’re not too heavily dependent on Merlin’s extra features.

Lower channel help, narrower band helps. Good luck.

Thank you. I will just be patient and see what comes.

The current Stock firmware (July 1st) has been fixed. I had got restricted to 8, now I'm back to 15.

Once ASUS makes the code available, Merlin will adapt it. For now, stock is the way to go.

I hit issues with 2 on my ac88 :( on stock

Yeah, it’s kind of weird that the latest stock is still hit and miss between all models. I’m starting to wonder if limit on number of devices has to do with the environment interference as well; more noisy less clients that kind of thing.

Also, I’m beginning to think this is all because of the KRACK fix. With too much interference the router can’t reliably tell what is noise and what is an attack, so the authentication handshake fails.

This also fits with the general advice of using lower channels since they are a tiny bit less prone to interference than the higher channels.

Yeah, it’s kind of weird that the latest stock is still hit and miss between all models. I’m starting to wonder if limit on number of devices has to do with the environment interference as well; more noisy less clients that kind of thing.

Also, I’m beginning to think this is all because of the KRACK fix. With too much interference the router can’t reliably tell what is noise and what is an attack, so the authentication handshake fails.

This also fits with the general advice of using lower channels since they are a tiny bit less prone to interference than the higher channels.

Does not explain why 2.4ghz on my repeaters are solid. I may just disable 2.4ghz on the main router and rely on the repeaters and just have the main router for wired and 5ghz connecions.

Does not explain why 2.4ghz on my repeaters are solid. I may just disable 2.4ghz on the main router and rely on the repeaters and just have the main router for wired and 5ghz connecions.

That’s interesting. Are your repeaters and main router different models?

That’s interesting. Are your repeaters and main router different models?

The main router is an ac88
Both repeaters are an ac68

My previous setup which had the same problem was
main router ac3100
repeater ac66
repeater ac68

decided to upgrade everything hoping that putting everything on the new code base would resolve the issue.

Reactions: kfp
Can confirm the most recent update resolved my issue. I can now hook up all my smart things to the 2.4 channel without any problems. Sucks losing my features on Merlin but thats the way it goes.

Thanks all!

Reactions: kfp