What's new

MOCA + Outside Cable Box Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pcmcg

New Around Here
All of my wall jacks look like they terminate at the outside cable box, but none of them are connected except for my cable internet line.

My cable provideder is TWC. Will they come out and re-connect the destination jack I want to run MOCA over? If so, how should I explain what work I want them to do? I basically want a single MOCA connection from the cable moden to my my living room jack.

Right now, the street input goes through a single 1000ghz 6db bidirection coupler tap. This coupler/splitter has 1 input and 2 outputs, where one output is labeled "TAP 6dB". The internet coax is connected to the TAP output, and the 2nd output is disconnected.

Will MOCA be able to run through this by adding the 2nd line I need to the currently disconnected output? I can post a picture if that helps.

Are you able to trace the line from the living room back to the splitter outside? If you can, you should only need to screw the connection back in.

If you are unable to reach for whatever reason, a barrel and extension will work.

Last choice is to just call up TWC and tell them you want to move the modem from the original location to the living room BUT!!! tell the on site tech you may want to move it back and need it to work in both locations.

Thanks, the problem with first option was that TWC put locks on the unused output. So I went with "relocating the modem" for $40. I would have needed cable trace and crimper to get it working myself, so i figure the cost is a wash. I"m hoping the tech will understand what the setup is going to be, and I'll ask him to put on a POE filter which might save me some money.

I don't have the MOCA hardware yet, should I delay TWC until I get it, or should it not matter?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!