1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

My Results: Actiontec MoCA mixing 1.1 with 2.0 ECB2500 & EBC6200

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by stansoltz, Sep 14, 2018.

1. stansoltz

stansoltz Occasional Visitor

FYI, I couldn't get a clear answer on mixing moca 1.1 with 2.0. well, I now have 2x ECB2500 1.1 adapters and 2x ECB6200 2.0 adapters on my network. they all talk to each other on the same coax network. I can confirm that my ecb6200 2.0s work at 2.0 gigabit speed when talking directly to them and when the ecb6200 talks to a ecb2500 it drops to the fast ethernet 100 speed. So they all work together and can be mixed and you can see the benefits of upgrading only certain nodes.

In my case, I got the faster adapters to take advantage of a new 500Mbps home internet modem connected to my main PC downloading machine/server. the rest of the network i'm fine with 100Mbps speeds, since it's just basic streaming.

krkaufman likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!