What's new

need some advice for router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hclarkjr

Occasional Visitor
hi, i currently have a black knight router that i have had for 7 years or so with not 1 problem with it. i recently upgraded to fiber internet and TV and started looking into routers to see what was out there. i see that there are a lot of options to go with now and am a little overwhelmed with all the choices.
my main concern is how much more life will i get out of my current router and what do i get next? i would like to stick with asus so i can use merlin on it ( have it on my black knight ). i am not concerned about cost, just want something that will last and be good for fiber network. it will be running 2 computers, xbox and ps4, 3 or 4 tablets plus my smart TV with wifi enabled soundbar. it seems like everything uses wifi now :)
thanx in advance to any that reply

86U or R7800 both should be good. R7800 has better 5Ghz but the 86U is fairly close and has better VPN performance if u need it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!