What's new

Netgear WNDR3700 or Dlink DIR-855? Need advice please.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elvis87

New Around Here
My Dlink DIR-655 just died so i think it's time for an upgrade :p from what i read these 2 routers seem to be the best ones in the $150 range(my budget), which one should i go with? is there anything better? and yes i would like a dual band since i have 2 WiFi N devices and a lot of Wifi G, so which ones would you guys recommend me? thanks.

WNDR3700. You may find in stores the new model # which is WNDR37AV. Same hardware, new name.

Go with the NETGEAR, as Claykin suggested.

Well i went to Fry's Electronics and bough the Netgear WNDR3700 as soon as i got home i connected it and setup everything in my house, at first i was really dissapointed because it was actually much more slower than my now dead DLink DIR-665(on both Wigi G and N, i dont really know what was wrong but right now it is running a lot more faster than the DIR-655, i say like 50%, does anyone know why this could have happened? first really slow and bad and after a while really really fast?, this is on a Wifi N(5Ghz) connection BTW.

Make sure you are using WPA2/AES security. Using WEP or WPA/TKIP will limit you to 802.11g speeds.

5GHz band has significantly reduced range vs. 2.4GHz. Are you close or far away from the router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!