What's new

Network Map / DHCP List not updating?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TLight

Occasional Visitor
I have had an issue since installing Merlin. On version 380.67

This has happened several times as I have been trying to set up a new location using an Asus RT-AC87U. I attach a new device to the network LAN, most recently a printer, DHCP assigns an IP, gateway, etc. as evidenced by device configuration listing, but the device does not show up in the Network Map as being a client on the network. Mostly this impacts when I need to assign a manual IP via DHCP reservation. The items does not show up in the Manually Assign IP dropdown box so I can add the reservation.

A couple of times I rebooted the router and the device showed up. Most recently when adding a laser printer even a reboot did not cure the issue so no way to make a DHCP reservation. ??

Thanks in advance.

A couple of times I rebooted the router and the device showed up. Most recently when adding a laser printer even a reboot did not cure the issue so no way to make a DHCP reservation. ??
Just type in the device's MAC address manually, it doesn't need to be in the dropdown list.

Just type in the device's MAC address manually, it doesn't need to be in the dropdown list.
Make sure you give it enough time after a reboot....it can take over 5 minutes for the networkmap to fully populate.