What's new

Network Printer Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bman

Occasional Visitor
So I have a Brother MRC-9440CN printer, plugged into my Asus RT-AC66U router.

Now on my first PC (windows 8.1) (server type system) I downloaded the Printer.exe file that you get from the Router USB Applications page. Ran it, installed, printer is working.

I tried to do this on two other systems, Window 8.1 and one Windows 7, the installation goes, seems to complete, no printer is installed.

I have tried to install it through the TCP/IP settings, with IP and Port numbers, and it does not work either. Then my Windows 8.1 PC randomly installed the drivers needed for the printer (long after the printer.exe was done) and the Printer is there, but if I click on it, it freezes and crashes Windows Explorer. Which now I can't remove the not working printer, because if its clicked, everything freezes.

What the heck is going on? Why did it work on one PC not the others? How do I remove this dud, and install it properly on my systems?

*nevermind the removing of the dud, I got it removed through Device Manager.

Last edited:
I read that this printer has an ethernet interface - so you may have the option of connecting it to the LAN and not relying on the goodness of the printer server software within the router where the printer uses USB to the router?

HOLY CRAP!

It does have a ethernet port. How did I never know about that!! Will have to try that out soon.

Ok, I plugged it in, but not sure what to do now.

I searched on the Windows system but didn't find anything?

Ok, I plugged it in, but not sure what to do now.

I searched on the Windows system but didn't find anything?

Howdy,
Go to the Brother web site and download the latest driver for your printer. Follow the install routine, and select the network installation. It will go out and find your printer on the network and install it.