What's new

OpenVPN can't access LAN ips AC87U 376.48_Beta3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sammarbella

Occasional Visitor
OpenVPN can't access LAN ips AC87U 376.48_Beta3 (solved)

I setup a OpenVPN server wich use TAP protocol to be able to access local resources as if i where at home from remote clients but it doesn't work as expected. :(

The client is able to connect properly as admin to the router using my no-ip DDNS.

The router gives an ip in the same subnet as my lan (192.168.1.x) and it is also able to route the client internet request but it can't access any local resource by its lan ip and port.

Maybe the problem is the android 4.3 client using an app (OpenVPN Client) who claim to support TAP protocol.

Maybe i set a wrong setting in OpenVPN server tab in the router.

My internet connection use PPoE and it's the only option disabled on router WAN-NAT passthrough tab. This could be related?

Last edited:
I made it work!

The problem was as almost always: the human factor. :D

Traceroute is my best friend.

I traced a request to 192.168.122 (HTPC on my lan) and it was stopped at 192.168.1.101 (?¿?) then i realized that i was using the OpenVPN client in my tablet who gets internet access via wifi from my phone .:rolleyes:

192.168.1.101 was the ip provided by my phone wifi internet hotspot.

I installed the OpenVPN client on my phone and then it works fine from it!

I can access all my home lan resources using VPN TAP.

Now i must guess how to "extend" this tunnel to my tablet's ip.