What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Merlin picked up the latest dropbear
Code:
e1f9721 dropbear: Updated to 2015.70
can someone verify it has fixed the problem with ssh tunneling disconnects? (I've never been able to recreate it myself, and would like to pick it up for my fork if it fixes things). Thanks.

I'll be the crash test dummy and give it a shot tomorrow from work.

Ok, I've tried the latest build and was not able to use a ssh tunnel with secure sites. Same error as before. Reverting to 378.55 fixed the problem.

Built-in Parental Controls to block Adult content does not work for me. This has been like this since alpha 1 for me. Merlin, I know you said it worked for you. I have done factory defaults, etc. Time Management works without any problems. I am currently using the open dns feature that you have built in but I would rather use my isp dns and the built in parental controls.

Labor of Love, Thanks! Merlin;)

I get a green checkmark ("You are protected") using that link, while I'm still running 378.56_2... I'm using DNSSEC enabled DNScrypt.eu DNS servers though.

What would be a better test? And where can I read more about DNSSEC, specifically about the router's role? (client?)

http://www.dnssec-failed.org/

I too have enabled the DNSSEC and it does not work. What other things need to be done other than turning it on? I've set DNS to OpenDNS servers on the WAN page. Nothing else on the LAN->DHCP page.

Be advised at least for me that link does not work.

Which means DNSSec works. If it succeeds in loading the page page, it means dnssec is NOT working, and it's allowing an invalid DNS record to be used.

I too have enabled the DNSSEC and it does not work. What other things need to be done other than turning it on? I've set DNS to OpenDNS servers on the WAN page. Nothing else on the LAN->DHCP page.

Your ISP's DNS servers need to support dnssec (OpenDNS does).

Ok, I've tried the latest build and was not able to use a ssh tunnel with secure sites. Same error as before. Reverting to 378.55 fixed the problem.
Thanks for taking the time to test it out.....looks like there is still a problem in the lastest dropbear.

What makes you think that dnssec is not working?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't know much about this subject here but the second link showed a green check mark and said you are protected. The first link at first would not load now i am getting this.

THIS SITE IS ASSOCIATED WITH A DELIBERATELY BROKEN DNSSEC DOMAIN - FOR DNSSEC-RELATED TESTING PURPOSES

Using DNS Security Extensions?
Then You Shouldn't See This Web Page!

-------------------------------------
------ Deliberately Broken ------
- DNSSEC Validation Test Site -
-------------------------------------

For what it's worth....

Using Level3 DNS servers via WAN DNS Setting.

DNSSEC worked on my 2 wireless clients (iPhone 6 and iPad 2 Air) using Safari, access to site was denied.

On my Win10 desktop it did NOT work and was able to access site until I forced DNS Filtering via AiProtection then access was denied.

Thank you Merlin for the GREAT firmware! I've moved from a Netgear R7000 DD-WRT to Asus RT-AC68U with RMerlin because of the great work you do.

jU4Oada.png

Hostname doesn't change automatically. It reads continuing the hostname of the past..
PC hostname automatical changed, but Mobile hostname dosen't change automatically.

Can you fix this problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.