What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero linux knowledges but I did first tried :
nvram get wl1_plcphdr

and the thing kindly reports :
short

So I guess its on "short" by default and since this is what I need...no change needed for now.

Thanks anyway.

PS : do you know the command I could use to enable/disable "Jumbo Frame" and "Spanning-Tree Protocol"?
Since when operating as AP, we don't have access to this options anymore in "Switch Control" GUI.

380 branched out for the new models, while they kept implementing bugfixes to the 378 branches for other models. The 380 code is the most up to date at this time, which is why I won't be merging 9383. 380_1031 is more up-to-date.

Typically, Asus does that when new models come out. Once the new branch gets stabilized, they start working on testing it on older models, eventually shifting them to the new branch.

9383 fixes the 2,4 Ghz channel 13 issue for Europeans using the RT-AC66U

Merlin you being mum on the 5300 firmware? Would be nice to get a package without the WTFast crap in the build.

9383 fixes the 2,4 Ghz channel 13 issue for Europeans using the RT-AC66U
Yep, my N66U has still the channel issue with the latest alpha version: No channels above 11 are accepted (I am also in Europe) - posted already here - and the latest N66U firmware 378.9383 from Asus should fix it! :rolleyes:

Funny: on Release 380.1031 for the AC68U, Asus claims to fix it - but I never had an issue on the AC68U - only on the N66U!

Last edited:
Merlin you being mum on the 5300 firmware? Would be nice to get a package without the WTFast crap in the build.
Hi, a small search revealed this and you can find more if you dare to use the search function in the forum... :rolleyes:

I don't know how that particular feature would look like, so no idea.

Its a new profile on IPTV for Movistar (different from the actual Movistar Profile), that allow us configure Movistar triple service (Internet, VoIP, IPTV) on ASUS router without manual scripts, all through the web interface. I guess that ASUS has not implemented for now this feature in the new branch. Anyway, Alpha4 is working pretty fine here without any apparent issue

Some images about the new profile on 378

image.png

image.png

Hi, a small search revealed this and you can find more if you dare to use the search function in the forum... :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should refine your searching skills, because you failed to notice that I had already posted to that thread (having read the entire thing). My hope was that by now (that post is several weeks old) he would have acquired one or perhaps had Asus donate one to the cause. I do appreciate you answering for him since clearly your tag says Merlin ;)

Oh and because a person doesn't post frequently doesn't mean they don't read frequently. There is always one that makes that assumption...

Is it just me or is MAC IP binding not working anymore in this version? After a number of attempts and reboots, I finally got it to bind a new MAC to an IP. But strangely, it still shows it in the router as the old IP.

And hostnames on the LAN page seem to be off.

Also I'm still getting the extremely poor wifi speed. Maximum of 150Mbps even when I'm right next to the router with various devices. And the wifi site survey isn't working.

-AC87U alpha 4

Last edited:
How can we report this to ASUS?

I don't know yet if the reason is a bug in the binary blobs they provided or something else. All I know is that debugging this is very difficult, as I don't have access to a large portion of the code involved. Also, that the stock firmware itself is correct - but that doesn't mean it's compiled using the same binary blobs.

Is it just me or is MAC IP binding not working anymore in this version? After a number of attempts and reboots, I finally got it to bind a new MAC to an IP. But strangely, it still shows it in the router as the old IP.

It will do so until the lease gets renewed.

Also I'm still getting the extremely poor wifi speed. Maximum of 150Mbps even when I'm right next to the router with various devices. And the wifi site survey isn't working.

-AC87U alpha 4

There has been no wireless driver change to the RT-AC87U for over a month.

I don't see "per ip" bandwidth monitoring in this firmware for N66U. Is it taken out?

Means you haven't enabled it. See the README for instructions on how to enable and configure IPTraffic.

I'll try compiling a straight RT-AC66U GPL build, that should at least confirm if the issue is in the provided binary blobs or something else occured in the merge (and somehow only affected the AC66U).

I just upgraded my RT-AC68U to alpha 4 from alpha 3, and found that both 2.4G and 5G wifi networks were not working. Tried a router reboot, and reset of the wifi settings to no avail.
I am UK based if that is of any use.
Downgraded back to Alpha 3 and all works perfectly.

I have absolutely no issues with latest Alpha 4 on RT-AC68U (old 800Mhz revision, EU version), 5Ghz wireless works fine too.

And hostnames on the LAN page seem to be off.

-AC87U alpha 4

No issues with MAC binding, LAN hostnames, Site Survey or WiFi speed on either 2.4 or 5GHz on my RT-AC87U running Merlins alpha 4 - All Good Here - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.