What's new

[Preview] 380.57 alpha test builds for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kvic: are you working for Asus? if yes can they update udpxy to latest version? now is version 1.0.19 but latest version is 1.0.23.....

@kvic: are you working for Asus? if yes can they update udpxy to latest version? now is version 1.0.19 but latest version is 1.0.23.....

:eek:

I'm not associated with Asus in anyway. If I were, you would get what you want and perhaps a much better experience with ASUSWRT.

I'm just one user like any of enthusiastic users on this forum.

The RT-AC66U breakage is caused by a compatibility issue between the 378 closed source binary blobs and the 380 source code.
Good that you found it! Too bad that it's out of your hands.

BTW: How did you find out? (if you can tell)

Last edited:
Any improvement on 5GHz throughput with the new driver?
Yes, but you quoted the old ones... :rolleyes:
The new version for the AC68U/P is: 6.37.14.126 (r561982) and only Broadcom (and maybe partially Asus) knows what changed! :oops:

Anyway a factory reset and manual re-config (or use the backup/restore script) is suggested when the drivers change!

Yes, but you quoted the old ones... :rolleyes:
The new version for the AC68U/P is: 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

lol. I may try and find out any improvement on wireless speed next year. :)

"wl ver" is a alot easier, but you only get your current driver version. :)

Good that you found it! Too bad that it's out of your hands.

BTW: How did you find out? (if you can tell)

I started replacing large portion of the firmware with the GPL code, until I tracked it down to libshared. Then I swapped portions of it until I found the file. The file in question was just a single include, and the only real change in it was that enumerated list of IDs. When I tried just switching between GPL 378 and GPL 380 for that file, the issue reappeared with the 380 GPL.

Yes, lots of trial and error, and part of my Sunday lost to it :(

Any improvement on 5GHz throughput with the new driver?

it seems i got stronger wifi signal with new driver.....i tested with mobile phone outside my house but my phone using 2.4GHz....btw. this alfa4 version working very well and stable.....

Anyone using this FW on the AC 3200? After having problems with my AC66 don't want to go through all the resetting of my main router if there are problems with the FW on the 3200

Well I tried it and so far it is working well , no noticeable improvements in range or signal , no drop in them either .

Last edited:
Officially, only the AC56, AC68, AC88 and AC3100 will be supported (they're the only only ones with real 380 support). I might release the following as experimental, unsupported builds: N66, AC87, AC3200. Undecided yet, I'll take the final decision when the release happens.

Officially, only the AC56, AC68, AC88 and AC3100 will be supported (they're the only only ones with real 380 support). I might release the following as experimental, unsupported builds: N66, AC87, AC3200. Undecided yet, I'll take the final decision when the release happens.

If the 'N66 doesn't make the cut; it will finally be time for me to personally move to a newer router model (that you support, of course).

That sounds like a good thing. Alpha 4 is working on my Ac66U, but that just might be cuz i haven't reconfigured anything at all (or its dumb luck)
Could you put alpha 3 for the AC66U back up, since that isn't on 380 yet?)

No hard disk connected and my Sony Tablet Z is resting without wi-fi on.
I do not think this version have the fix for the android battery issue, I might be wrong though.
Perhaps I should activate 5GHz wi-fi on the tablet, just for fun? ;)

Battery at 87% now, let's see how it stands tomorrow.

Anyone using this FW on the AC 3200? After having problems with my AC66 don't want to go through all the resetting of my main router if there are problems with the FW on the 3200

Well I tried it and so far it is working well , no noticeable improvements in range or signal , no drop in them either .
Alpha4 working fine on my AC3200.

So AC3200 will no longer be supported ? WOW that sure did not last long , under1 year old and no more FW , shades of Netgear !

Status
Not open for further replies.