What's new

Problem downloading certain files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

T

TheVegas

I was using firmware 380.57 and sometimes when I try to download large files (>100mb) the download will get most of the way and then I get a failed unknown network error in chrome. It also fails in other browsers and on my other computers (windows and mac). It doesn't happen with all files. For instance I had trouble downloading an update for Turbotax (https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1...s-software-basic-deluxe-premier-home-business) but no problem downloading firmware 380.58. While I was updating to 380.58 I first used the nvram-save tool (version 22) to back-up my settings and then did a factory reset before updating the firmware. Before restoring my settings using the nvram-save tool, I tried downloading the turbotax update and it downloaded fine. However, after restoring my settings using the nvram-save tool, the download once again fails. Since downloads work on a freshly factory reset router, any idea what router setting is causing this to fail?