What's new

Problem hooking up netgear 3700 to dir655

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lip

Occasional Visitor
I want to connect my netgear 3700 router to an existing d-link 655. The dlink is connected to the dsl modem directly (wired) by the wan port on the dlink and I am connecting the netgear wan port to a regular port on the d-link 655.
Basically I want the netgear to function for wireless G and wired connections in a certain part of the house and the netgear for wireless n and wired in another part of the house(I ran out of wired connections on the dlink as well so this was another reason).
Problem is that I cannot connect to the dlink or internet when I phycially hook up directly to the netgear...I tried pinging the dlink but it doesnt receive any data back.
Help!

I found some of the instructions on this site that might be my answer...Ill come back if Im still stuck.
Thanks.
LIP

Setup is correct.
Now just make sure either expand your subnet eg. 255.255.0.0 or have them work sideways on same network ie. 192.168.0.x.