What's new

Problem in my new ASUS AC RT87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should I install the firmware again

• Suggesta way out

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Firmware update is the way to go

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Arun Asokan

New Around Here
Hi,
I have bought an ASUS router AC2400 RT87U. I have updated the firmware to the latest ASUS WRT Merlin version. I have enabled both 2.4 Ghz and 5 ghz wireless router settings with different names and configured my router on DHCP. I typed ping 8.8.8.8 -t in the cmd prompt to check my internet connection, I get proper response without any time out. But once I open my browser and start browsing, I get "request timed out" in my cmd prompt thereby getting no internet. And again when I quit my browser and I look at the cmd prompt it again starts pinging without any request time out. Loss in internet whenever I browse. What might be the problem? I have reset the router several times but still no solution and configured the router around 25 times.
Plz help me out guys.

Have you checked your DNS servers?

But once I open my browser and start browsing, I get "request timed out" in my cmd prompt thereby getting no internet. And again when I quit my browser and I look at the cmd prompt it again starts pinging without any request time out. Loss in internet whenever I browse. What might be the problem? I have reset the router several times but still no solution and configured the router around 25 times.
Plz help me out guys.
That appears to be a browser problem.
Have you tested with a different browser?
Also, check your proxy settings for that browser, it might be set to use an invalid server.
Proxy server in browsers are normally not set.

Likely a DNS issue as mentioned by @Therion87. You're pinging by IP address and not attempting to ping by domain name so you're not validating domain name resolution.

Do i have to enable the DDNS option in the router setting??
No, that is an entirely different function to what your problem appears to be.
Check that LAN/DHCP Server is enabled and your clients are set to obtain the IP address automatically.
This might help.

I have bought an ASUS router AC2400 RT87U. I have updated the firmware to the latest ASUS WRT Merlin version. [...] I typed ping 8.8.8.8 -t in the cmd prompt to check my internet connection, I get proper response without any time out. But once I open my browser and start browsing, I get "request timed out" in my cmd prompt thereby getting no internet.
Hi,

You did not say if you did a factory reset to defaults after the firmware update...? :rolleyes:

When changing the firmware (e.g. from Asus stock to Merlin) you should always do a reset to default AFTER the update, to have the new firmware defaults set - especially the hidden ones you cannot set/change in the user interface. :eek:

After the reset you reconfigure the router at a absolute minimum and test again your internet connectivity.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!