What's new

Problem instaling firmware in RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

afreire

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, I've a ASUS RT-AC86U with the ASUS firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41634-g08f88ae, when I've tried to update to Merlin RT-AC86U_386.1_0_cferom_ubi.w but I get this error:
"Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again."

I've reboot and reset the router but I've get the same message.

What am I making wrong?

Cheers

Try a different browser. If that doesn't work, use the Rescue Mode to flash the firmware you want.

Did you verify the MD5 hash after you unzipped the firmware you downloaded? Are you sure you downloaded the correct one for your hardware? Did you try re-downloading it?

With both the points above verified, follow the suggestions below to flash the firmware.

Asus Rescue Mode

Try a different browser. If that doesn't work, use the Rescue Mode to flash the firmware you want.

Did you verify the MD5 hash after you unzipped the firmware you downloaded? Are you sure you downloaded the correct one for your hardware? Did you try re-downloading it?

With both the points above verified, follow the suggestions below to flash the firmware.

Asus Rescue Mode
Yes I unzip the file and check the sha256 hash and it's right.

I've tested in two browser and in hidden mode but I've get the same error.

I´ll try Rescue Mode.

Try using a different computer. Try using it over Wi-Fi, or LAN.

Keep trying until it works.

If it does. :)

Bad Luck, I change to a wired notebook and different server and I can do it.

I'll trying with another server in a few hours.

Finally I can flash the Merlin firmware after few router restart.

But I must go back because all device can´tconnect to inet, It's send the packages but nothing return.

In the syslog appear constantly this error: "kernel: nf_conntrack: expectation table full". I don't know it's the cause of the problem, but with the rollback a factory reset I've solved.

Maybe I need to the a factory reset with the Merlin firmware, I don't know....

What do you think?

You need to be more forthcoming with details. :)

Are you using Auto Control Channels? Is this for both 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz bands?

What have you done, if anything, since your last post?

You need to be more forthcoming with details. :)

Are you using Auto Control Channels? Is this for both 2.5GHz and 5.0GHz bands?

What have you done, if anything, since your last post?
I think that the problem was when I've tried to connect a smart tv with WPS Code, after that everything start to fail. Now I've connected all device with password and at this moment all works fine.

The only problem that I have is the IPTV and STB but is not a firmware problem, it's a configuration and my ISP problem, I've created a thread for that.

You might try this, downgrade your AC86U to this version Asusrwt Version 3.0.0.4.386.40451 (this version introduced AiMesh 2.0), reset to manufacturer default, then upgrade to 386.1.

Hope it works!