What's new

Protected Management Frames option in 386.3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jano Drotar

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
after upgrade to 386.3 I realised wifi performance issues on my AX86U, that were before solved by disabling Protected Management Frames option in Wireless general settings.
But now I do not see this option any more.

Was this option removed due to some security issues or it's just some dirty upgrade problem ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi,
after upgrade to 386.3 I realised wifi performance issues on my AX86U, that were before solved by disabling Protected Management Frames option in Wireless general settings.
But now I do not see this option any more.

Was this option removed due to some security issues or it's just some dirty upgrade problem ?

Thanks for the feedback.
Still there in Wireless General. Might have to refresh your browser.

2021-08-02 14_04_18-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - General.png

Thanks for the feedback. I do not see it, so seems have to do clean FW update.

View attachment 35415
I see the General Page on your router looks different compared to mine and @kernol 's router... Maybe the reason is that you use Smart Connect. Why not disable the Smart Connect and see what will happen?

I don't have a router that supports it to check, but the option may be hidden if you have WPA3 authentication selected, since WPA3 requires PMF.
+1 Option will not show if WPA3 is not enabled. If not WPA3 only at least WPA2/WPA3 is.

I see the General Page on your router looks different compared to mine and @kernol 's router... Maybe the reason is that you use Smart Connect. Why not disable the Smart Connect and see what will happen?
Smart connect is on for my AX86u unit and protected frames shows. I suggest OP starting over as something is off there.
1628035335421.png

+1 Option will not show if WPA3 is not enabled. If not WPA3 only at least WPA2/WPA3 is.
What I see when changing Authentication method. @john9527 was right....
1628035422894.png

Edit: Didn't actually change/apply settings but did change method to show above screenshot.

It's back again. I did just some configuration changes (disabling/enabling MU-MIMO, changing some parameters for Roaming assistant) and Protected Management Frames option is back again ....
Thanks again for the feedback ....

Asus2.JPG