What's new

QOS Bandwidth Reversed?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

y2k se

Occasional Visitor
Perhaps I am just looking at this backwards, but the bandwidth settings seem reversed to me. When I configure the upload bandwidth at 60 MB/s and the download bandwidth at 5.4 MB/s, the rate limits on the priorities tab are the opposite; they show the upload bandwidth max is 60 MB/s and the download bandwidth is 5.4 MB/s.

Background: I have 60 MB/s down and 6 MB/s up service. I noticed with QOS enabled and upload bandwidth set to 5.4 MB/s and download bandwidth set to 60 MB/s that I was getting video quality reductions while watching YouTube. Disabling QOS eliminated the reductions. (I also cross-checked using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to download an ISO.) I could confirm the difference in download speeds using the transfer speedometers with QOS enabled/disabled. I reversed the upload and download bandwidths and reenabled QOS and am getting full speed. However, the various screens do not relate to each other.

bO19JRM.png

cB6EaNw.png

oXeByvc.png

They are NOT reversed. Traditional QoS is flat out broken, the issue is far more complex than that.

Does it work at all? Adaptive QoS doesn't classify my specific game as gaming traffic.

Edit: just tested the game with a large download running on another machine. Pings doubled with traditional QoS off.

Last edited:
Well, Traditional QoS seems to be working with the parameters and rules I've configured so I'll stick with it.

Edit: Completely neglected to mention that I have the RT-AC3200 router. :oops:

Last edited: