What's new

QoS settings won't stick (Voxel), effectively no QoS available.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alex Kampas

New Around Here
Hello,

I have been using Voxel's excellent firmware and I am grateful for this.

The only problem I have (and I had the same issue with the stock firmware, regardless of version) is with QoS.

The main issue is that when I choose a priority for a connected device, set it and save, when I click again, it is set back to what it was (usually to low). As such I cannot change the priority which renders the whole point of QoS null.

Additionally, since after I installed Voxel's firmware, the router cannot do a speed test anymore. I click to start, and everything is greyd out.

Any help (mainly for the former issue) would be great. The problem is so large that when my server (whom I want at lowest priority) downloads files (cloud backups/restores) my Smart TV (which I want at highests) pauses playback from BBC iPlayer and only resumes if I stop the server. This should not be happening.

Thank you

Does this happen with different browsers? Try IE11, FF or Opera.
Try a factory reset on the router and setup from scratch. Still happen after this?

I am not sure regarding whole QoS but speed test is rather problem of OOKLA itself or NG:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Ni...lt-In-QoS-Speed-Test-Not-Working/td-p/1675875

Above link is regarding stock firmware.

Voxel.
A firmware for XR500 was released that fixed the speedtest last week, so I imagine one will be pushed to the R7800 as well. It also included a fix for disconnections from Qualcomm, so I imagine that will be pushed to the R7800 too as its the same chipset.