What's new

QOS: Trying to make cake working on DSL-AX82U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton

Hi there,
I am back from my holidays and I am now chasing back an issue we had in my builds.
Cake is not working as for now on the DSL-AX82U and I think I would need some help to speed up this task

The first thing I fixed, it was missingthe missing support in the kernel
Now it seems to work as it should
Code:
gnuton@DSL-AX82U-FE18:/jffs/logs# tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root cake
gnuton@DSL-AX82U-FE18:/jffs/logs# tc qdisc
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth0 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth1 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth2 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth3 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth4 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth5 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev eth6 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev ptm0 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
qdisc cake 8001: dev ppp0 root refcnt 2 bandwidth unlimited diffserv3 triple-isolate nonat nowash no-ack-filter split-gso rtt 100ms raw overhead 0
qdisc pfifo_fast 0: dev tun21 root refcnt 2 bands 3 priomap 1 2 2 2 1 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

The problem now is that I do see all cake options in the web UI but if I do click apply the router reboots (I check the code that's correct) but cake qos doesn't start.
qos.c should output some debuggin messages if QOS_DEBUG and QOS_LOGS files are defined in /tmp (See
)
I moved QOS_debug and QOS_LOG to /jffs/logs to keep them up during the reboot.. but nothing.. no logs.
Unfortunately the UI is not working yet and the the settings for tc qdisc are not generated in the /tmp/qos script by the C code for some reasons I don't konw yet.
Has anybody managed to get those debugging messages working... or is any other option on how I can get the qos cake script generation from the C more verbose.

Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance.

Is it possible that DSL models use qos_multiwan.c instead of qos.c?

That's right! Thanks a lot! In any case I have not see the debug messages from there too.. or I missed that... becasue I was expecting something else..
Checking right now.

That's right! Thanks a lot! In any case I have not see the debug messages from there too.. or I missed that... becasue I was expecting something else..
Checking right now.
If you do take care of porting my qos.c changes to qos_multiwan.c, feel free to provide me with a patch so I can do it on my end. I never bothered with it because I had no way of testing it. I wasn't sure if the multiwan file was for devices like the BRT-AC828 or RT-AX89X, or for their DSL devices.

I will, BTW do you get the debug/log messages?
Don't know, I never looked for them. I just directly looked at the tc configuration and manipulated the generated qos shell script when I was working on it.