What's new

Questions About Moving to 3.0.0.4.388.23012 on GS-AX3000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dwp

Regular Contributor
I have been waiting for an update for this router of mine that will fix a problem I have discussed here. From what I see in the release notes: (a) I am not at all convinced that this problem has even been addressed and (b) I see a TON of other stuff that seems quite new an different - and therefore a potential source of many problems.

So I wonder if, once I have manually updated to the new firmware, if it is possible to roll back to the version 3.0.0.4.386.43588 that is now on the router and seems, other than the problem mentioned above, reasonably good and stable in my environment? If so, what is the process?

Obviously, I will backup the router settings before doing anything. But I do have some changes in NVRAM including script_usbmount for installing/using some Entware utilities. So I don't even know if this stuff is all saved in the router settings file. Are they?

And does anyone know if installing the new firmware will wipe out my current settings? I have a large number of reserved LAN addresses and do NOT want to have to re-create all that.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!