What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2016-12-30_21-46-37.png

Could my email.cfg permissions be the issue. I don't see a read bit set for "other"

Appears to be an issue with Username and Password.
Ahh, there you go. Good luck finding it as the link postet goes to a dead page, tried it with my account.

Last edited:
Ahh, there you go. Good luck finding it as the link postet goes to a dead page, tried it with my account.
I removed the first post as I had my IP listed. Ouch. At least we are on to something

upload_2016-12-30_21-56-28.png

I typed it in manually. The link takes me to the gmail help center page.

I removed the first post as I had my IP listed. Ouch. At least we are on to something

View attachment 8106

I typed it in manually. The link takes me to the gmail help center page.
And google, some relevant suggestions may help related to gmail smtp:
Code:
sendmail 535 5.7.8

Check again your "Allow less secure apps: ON".

Solved!

It is fixed now and I have stats email in my newly created gmail account!! Woo Hoo!

It was looking at the email.cfg file after my last post and that rang the bell. Rather than typing my gmail account name sans the @gmail.com in the User Name field option 2, I had entered my First_Name <space> Last_Name. I guess it is getting late in my time zone and I started getting goofy. Seeing it as AUTH=First_Name <space> Last_Name in the email.cfg really made the issue stand out.

I think creating the new email account with no periods and setting "Allow less secure apps: ON" is the trick. And of course, making sure option 2 on the email credentials menu is the gmail account name sans the @gmail.com. Here is me feeling embarrassed :confused: I had it set this way at first but must have changed it during our iterations of trying different things. Here are my email stats

Router Stats Fri Dec 30 07:02:46 2016
--------------------------------------------------
RT-AC88U Firmware-380.64 @ xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Compiled by AB-Solution 3 | Stats version 3.0
Ad-Blocking stats:
566'011 domains are blocked
47'474 ads in total blocked
47'474 ads this week, since last Monday
44 new ads, since Dec 30 06:02
I wanted this to work so I can share with friends and family what a great solution this is by simply forwarding the stats in a simple email. So now I can.

Thanks again TheLonelyCoder, you are awesome!

It was looking at the email.cfg file after my last post and that rang the bell. Rather than typing my gmail account name sans the @gmail.com, I had entered my First_Name <space> Last_Name. I guess it is getting late in my time zone and I started getting goofy.
Me wonders why I added some helpful text in the UI when entering the credentials....
Good night to you.

Any idea why it's forwarding my local hosts upstream. That setting is not on in router either, never has been.

Any idea why it's forwarding my local hosts upstream. That setting is not on in router either, never has been.
Set LAN / DHCP Server 'Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS' to NO.

I think creating the new email account with no periods and setting "Allow less secure apps: ON" is the trick. And of course, making sure option 2 on the email credentials menu is the gmail account name sans the @gmail.com.
My email account has a period in it and works fine, so i don't think that was the issue. Most likely caused by the username mistake...although strangely , you had that right in your original post #773

Interesting, AAAA is IPv6.
Any clues in the /etc/dnsmasq.conf?
yes thats why i asked.... i have a similar setup to @duffydack but when i query a local host i only get the A name query and not the AAAA one

Status
Not open for further replies.