What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any reason you set strict order to query upstream servers?

that's for the vpn I use (airvpn). Should only use theirs, and only the others I set when there is no vpn connection.
Simon Kelley says:
-o, --strict-order
By default, dnsmasq will send queries to any of the upstream servers it knows about and tries to favour servers that are known to be up. Setting this flag forces dnsmasq to try each query with each server strictly in the order they appear in /etc/resolv.conf

If you are on Merlin firmware, it will take care of the upstream DNS for you anyway.... you can see that /tmp/resolv.conf will change dependant on your connection.

Right then... pubads...says ip is PS, so that's working..
I've disabled "accept dns" in the vpn config, rebooted, and it's still sending the local hosts upstream. I don't have ipv6 enabled.

I've disabled "accept dns" in the vpn config, rebooted, and it's still sending the local hosts upstream. I don't have ipv6 enabled.
try commenting out strict-order in /etc/dnsmasq.conf and restarting dnsmasq ... see if that has any effect

Is the strict order gone in the conf?

ptr-record=0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa,:: is still there tho
Aahh, does it show 'IPv6' in the AB-UI as well?
If no, rerun (u), then it's fixed, you had it enabled at the time it last ran.

Enter in terminal:
Code:
nvram get ipv6_service
It should say disabled.

Can't see a mention of ipv6 anywhere in AB. and I re-ran the update, and that line is still in dnsmasq.conf
If it's on it would show a theme colored 'IPv6' beside the router IP in the header.

If it's on it would show a theme colored 'IPv6' beside the router IP in the header.
It's definitely not on. When it says forwarding to upstream, it never actually gets any reply... so is it much ado about nothing, or is this just not supposed to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.