What's new

[Release] AB-Solution 3 - The Ad Blocking Solution

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @thelonelycoder,

I finally got the education website lg.ouponline.com to work with ab-solution 3. The problem with the site is the pages where practice questions don't display the questions. I looked at their source code and saw 5 other websites being referenced. I added them to the whitelist one by one until I found that it was google-analytics.com that had to be whitelisted for the page to diplay the questions. Is there a way to only have this site whitelisted when one is on the lg.ouponline.com website?

Thank you!

Hi @thelonelycoder,

I finally got the education website lg.ouponline.com to work with ab-solution 3. The problem with the site is the pages where practice questions don't display the questions. I looked at their source code and saw 5 other websites being referenced. I added them to the whitelist one by one until I found that it was google-analytics.com that had to be whitelisted for the page to diplay the questions. Is there a way to only have this site whitelisted when one is on the lg.ouponline.com website?

Thank you!
Note that whitelisting works this way:
- Entries in whitelist.txt are removed from the hosts-adblock file, if found. This is a wildcard removal.
Entering 'google.com' into the whitelist removes all instances of 'this.google.com', 'that.google.com' etc as well.
- Removed domains in whitelist.txt are not restored in hosts-adblock immediately. Only the auto update or the manual run of (u) does this.

As for your actual question: No, no way for AB to differentiate between clients/browsers and offer an alternate block-list.

Hi,

How do i change the pixelsrv IP? when installing i set it to 192.168.1.2. i've changed ip ranges now though from 192.168.1.* to 192.168.42.* to ensure no conflict when connecting to my openvpn server (on router) on the go etc, infact would i even need to change it? although be good to know how.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,

How do i change the pixelsrv IP? when installing i set it to 192.168.1.2. i've changed ip ranges now though from 192.168.1.* to 192.168.42.* to ensure no conflict when connecting to my openvpn server (on router) on the go etc, infact would i even need to change it? although be good to know how.

Cheers.
You will need to edit two files.. one is the /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls file where you will need to change the ARGS = line to your new pixelserv IP
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# DO NOT EDIT this part of the file #
# generated by AB-Solution 3
export TZ=$(cat /etc/TZ)
ENABLED=yes
PROCS=pixelserv-tls
ARGS="192.168.2.3 "
PREARGS=""
PRECMD="ulimit -s 64"
DESC="$PROCS (AB-Solution)"
PATH=/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
. /opt/etc/init.d/rc.func
# end of DO NOT EDIT #

The other is the the /jffs/scripts/wan-start script where you will have to edit the ifconfig line with the new pixelserv IP . You should also edit the logger statement to reflect the new ip in the syslog.
Code:
# generated by AB-Solution 2.1
psState=on
if [ $psState == "on" ];then
ifconfig br0:pixelserv 192.168.2.3 up
logger -t $tag "br0:pixelserv 192.168.2.3 created."
fi
# end of DO NOT EDIT #

You will need to edit two files.. one is the /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls file where you will need to change the ARGS = line to your new pixelserv IP
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# generated by AB-Solution 3
export TZ=$(cat /etc/TZ)
ENABLED=yes
PROCS=pixelserv-tls
ARGS="192.168.2.3 "
PREARGS=""
PRECMD="ulimit -s 64"
DESC="$PROCS (AB-Solution)"
PATH=/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/opt/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
. /opt/etc/init.d/rc.func
# end of DO NOT EDIT #

The other is the the /jffs/scripts/wan-start script where you will have to edit the ifconfig line with the new pixelserv IP . You should also edit the logger statement to reflect the new ip in the syslog.
Code:
# generated by AB-Solution 2.1
psState=on
if [ $psState == "on" ];then
ifconfig br0:pixelserv 192.168.2.3 up
logger -t $tag "br0:pixelserv 192.168.2.3 created."
fi
# end of DO NOT EDIT #

Thank you,

Made required changes as stated, cheers for that.

When i load up ab-solution.sh in putty it still shows 192.168.1.2 next to [ps] pixelserv-tls [192.168.1.2].

I turned pixelserv off and on again rebooted router, when using ab-solution via putty if i choose [sm] submenu then [c] show config file i see in the config file there it shows 192.168.1.2, i looked for ab-solution.cfg but cant seem to find it so i can make the edit there too. Can you let me know where i would find ab-solution.cfg ?

Cheers.

EDIT:

When i edited the file S80pixelserv-tls as soon as i turn on pixelserv again it defaults back to 192.168.1.2 in the S80pixelserv-tls file. I'm assuming because it still 192.168.1.2 in ab-solution.cfg which i cannot find.

Cheers

Last edited:
The ab-solution.cfg file is in the /adblocking/.config directory

Edit: Careful what you're doing in there ;)

Hi,

Cheers.
There is only one proper way to change the PS IP:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ad-blocking-solution.35540/page-7#post-289013

PS IP change will be simpler in AB3.1

EDIT:

When i edited the file S80pixelserv-tls as soon as i turn on pixelserv again it defaults back to 192.168.1.2 in the S80pixelserv-tls file. I'm assuming because it still 192.168.1.2 in ab-solution.cfg which i cannot find.
Yup apologies my bad... completely forgot about AB extensive script checking/correcting code ..... break it and it fixes itself without batting an eyelid... theres a reason the cfg isn't easy to find by chance :)

any estimates of the due date for this baby?
I am working on 3.1-beta-v20.
The beta team is currently running v19 to check for bugs and suggestions for improvements and more goodies.
I try to keep up with them but they have ideas beyond my coding speed.

In other words, when the team is happy, so am I. We just have to find the balance.
As it stands now, I hold things back.
AB3.1 will be good and released when it's ready for you all.

The ab-solution.cfg file is in the /adblocking/.config directory

Edit: Careful what you're doing in there ;)

Cheers all ok now since editing ab-solution.cfg (i could not see the .config folder because i forgot to enable hidden folders) :rolleyes:

There is only one proper way to change the PS IP:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ad-blocking-solution.35540/page-7#post-289013

PS IP change will be simpler in AB3.1

All done now thank you :)

Cheers both!

I am working on 3.1-beta-v20.
The beta team is currently running v19 to check for bugs and suggestions for improvements and more goodies.
I try to keep up with them but they have ideas beyond my coding speed.

In other words, when the team is happy, so am I. We just have to find the balance.
As it stands now, I hold things back.
AB3.1 will be good and released when it's ready for you all.

so it's not simply an incremental release, then. amazeballs in awesomesauce.
I'm hungry, but I can wait...

That was planned and still is the case: A better AB3.
But to me, just fixing the minor bugs in v3 and then release is boring.

... with sprinkles on top!

I had to add these exceptions in the whitelist, to be able to see the links posted in forums and some links to see some products:

googleadservices.com
clickserve.dartsearch.net
ad.doubleclick.net
disq.us

My setting is option 2 "Medium":
s.1486148282.jpg

I had to add these exceptions in the whitelist, to be able to see the links posted in forums and some links to see some products:

googleadservices.com
ad.doubleclick.net
disq.us

View attachment 8429
These domains account for about 99% of ads, never have to do it, but your mileage may vary.

from router logs, are these normal messages, eg.
"pixelserv[4010]: scripts.host.bannerflow.com _.host.bannerflow.com missing"

from router logs, are these normal messages, eg.
"pixelserv[4010]: scripts.host.bannerflow.com _.host.bannerflow.com missing"
yes this is normal and means that no certificate for that domain exists yet. However pixelserv-tls will generate a new cert on the fly.
Code:
Jan 23 03:59:39 RT-AC68U-4690 pixelserv[11748]: libs.de.coremetrics.com _.de.coremetrics.com missing
Jan 23 03:59:39 RT-AC68U-4690 pixelserv[1013]: cert _.de.coremetrics.com generated and saved

Last edited:

googleadservices.com
ad.doubleclick.net
disq.us

View attachment 8429

These domains account for about 99% of ads, never have to do it, but your mileage may vary.
Same for me. I don't have to whitelist those sites for the ads and links to work on snbforums.com. I primarily use Firefox but have also been using Edge more and more the past two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!