What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have just noticed that I can no longer log into the router using the asus app on my phone. Each time I try it says its the wrong password and then after 5 tries it locks me out.
upload_2017-5-17_6-37-8.png

This popped up in my log this evening. I think it happened when I was using the ASUS iOS app. What does it mean? I masked the port numbers as I'm not sure they are LAN ports (i hope they are).

May 16 21:46:37 rc_service: httpd 560:notify_rc restart_firewall;restart_qos
May 16 21:46:37 miniupnpd[2570]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
May 16 21:46:38 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
May 16 21:46:38 miniupnpd[4123]: HTTP listening on port #####
May 16 21:46:38 miniupnpd[4123]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port ####
May 16 21:46:39 kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent
May 16 21:46:39 kernel: sizeof forward param = 160

After installing 380.66 final on my RT-AC3200 I concur with an earlier post in this thread that my port forwards also stop working on this build even after deleting them all and re-creating based on an upgrade without default setting restore from 380.66 beta 5. Reverting back to beta 5 and all my port forwards are working. Using tcpdump on the router I could see all the traffic hitting the router when on 380.66 final but not routed to the downstream device.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to resolve on the latest build?

After installing 380.66 final on my RT-AC3200 I concur with an earlier post in this thread that my port forwards also stop working on this build even after deleting them all and re-creating based on an upgrade without default setting restore from 380.66 beta 5. Reverting back to beta 5 and all my port forwards are working. Using tcpdump on the router I could see all the traffic hitting the router when on 380.66 final but not routed to the downstream device.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to resolve on the latest build?

Same here

Mine is okay. Try a power cycle. If that does no work, you may need to do a factory reset and reenter configs. Or, use the nvram backup and restore utility.

I did factory reset and power off and now everything works fine. Thanks

AC-88U 380.66
with this release I get OpenVPN client (PIA) disconnect overnight with error authentication error
I can confirm this. It happens with my RT-AC5300 as well. (never did it on previous versions)
I applied your suggestion, Eric. We'll see if it helps.

I can confirm this. It happens with my RT-AC5300 as well. (never did it on previous versions)
I applied your suggestion, Eric. We'll see if it helps.
Also try removing auth-nocache from your custom config if it's there. (there is a bug in 2.4 when the server is using auth-token)

This popped up in my log this evening. I think it happened when I was using the ASUS iOS app. What does it mean? I masked the port numbers as I'm not sure they are LAN ports (i hope they are).

May 16 21:46:37 rc_service: httpd 560:notify_rc restart_firewall;restart_qos
May 16 21:46:37 miniupnpd[2570]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
May 16 21:46:38 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
May 16 21:46:38 miniupnpd[4123]: HTTP listening on port #####
May 16 21:46:38 miniupnpd[4123]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port ####
May 16 21:46:39 kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent
May 16 21:46:39 kernel: sizeof forward param = 160

It means a change to the QoS configuration triggered a firewall restart. Nothing unusual there.

There has been absolutely no change to the code dealing with the firewall between beta5 and the final release. Changes are related to OpenVPN and the webui.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/asuswrt$ git log --oneline 380.66-beta5..380.66
ed7f741 Bumped revision to 380.66 final
12d74e3 Updated documentation
5b54c8f Revert "webui: reapply the fix from commit 2a7e9d8877ba1dbe1964dcfa0d4c60bc72f3d6a7, lost in the GPL 4180 merge"
84a5421 webui: Merge our auto-fill prevention changes to the RT-AC5300 Wireless page
fcbc4b3 openvpn: Updated to 2.4.2
8b927d2 shared: Ensure that get_parsed_crt() always initializes the buffer even if there is no CA file to read, otherwise the previous content of that buffer might be used
1fb5a4a openvpn: prevent potential out-of-bound buffer access on key/certs
4c8a303 webui: IE 11 doesn't support default JS function parameters, so ensure we always provide the def parameter on validator.rangeFloat()
bd8a177 Merge pull request #1350 from Jemgoss/patch-1
0d9d76d Line 277, replace var j with var k and its references.
0e15da3 webui: strip unnecessary semi-column from OpenVPN client page
fc4f4a7 network: fix variable name on brsnoop lookup; also allow re-enabling it if it was disabled

Just flashed 380.66-2 on my RT-AC87U a couple of times using web upload and firmware restore.
Also I've done a factory reset a couple of times and turned the router off and on again.
Finally I managed to get my 2.4GHz signal to come up again
Now, after setting the wifi name and password and a reboot later, it doesn't come up anymore, again.

I tried the same thing on my second RT-AC87U: same issue

Last edited:
I had exactly the same issue on ports 5-8. Even though the ports were working it was displayed as down.
Reboot didn't work but a complete power down fixed the issue.

Yes it is. Factory reset and complete power off for 5-6 hours helped to me.

But now is the same.

Hello. Just updated from Merlin 380.64 to 380.66 on an AC68U HW A2. I have an oki printer on LAN2 that worked before and now it is not working. Under tools it shows LAN2 as connected 100, with a MAC, and saying OKI, but under Network Map it is not listed.
I have did a factory reset, and manually redid the settings, also did a hard power off, and rebooted the router, same thing. My NAS is also coming up with auto DHCP, as before it was static IP.

Edit - hard powered off printer for a few minutes solved issue

Last edited:
i got info in syslog for new firmware? first time i saw this info.....
Code:
May 17 20:19:21 watchdog: New firmware version 380.66_2 is available.

Upgraded to 380.66_2 on my RT-AC66U last night. This morning I rebooted it having some Xbox One issues and now my 5G will not come back up. (Says Channel 0, tried manual channel no luck). Doesn't show up to any devices. Tried going back to 380.64, Tried factory reset, Rebooting etc etc.. No luck. 5G appears to have been killed for me by 380.66_2 :*(

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!