What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Check to make sure the web gui and ssh interfaces are not exposed to the WAN (Administation->System).

I Just changed them to no.

Web.JPG

What is the best settings for this so i have access to...

Xentrk, what are your settings for this?

Thank You,

I Just changed them to no.

View attachment 9869

What is the best settings for this so i have access to...

Xentrk, what are your settings for this?

Thank You,
That looks good. Here are recommended settings for SSH.
upload_2017-7-18_22-41-46.png

Asus?

This behaviour is straight from their own GPL code. It's how they designed it. You are either on the Release, or on the Beta channel. Not both. And if I publish the final release on the beta channel, people will get confused at the fact that the router will state that a new BETA firmware is available while it's a non-beta release.

It is what it is. It makes no sense to me and I thought it'd be an easy fix (new feature?) to check both repositories and report only the latest final if the option was not selected; or report the latest of either beta or final, whichever was newer, if the option was selected.

I'm sure my Nexus 6p was on the Android N beta and when it became stable, it auto-updated to the Final version.
Same with my Pixel XL now. It got the prompt to download the Android O a few months ago and I can bet once O gets an official name and get stamped Final, I won't have to do anything to get it OTA.

Same with my VM with Win10 pre-release, getting the released version pushed to it, then going back to beta when one is available. Same with my Mint Linux laptop.

OS/2 Warp 3 betas were different but then one had to order a stack of 5.25" floppies :)

If iThings are OK with that beta-only logic, well... I can't comment as I avoid that rotten company as the plague.

Anyhow, following this forum a bit more frequently is a good thing ;)

Thanks again to @RMerlin for always chiming in and helping us stick with the Asus routers.

That looks good. Here are recommended settings for SSH.
View attachment 9875

Ok, that's what I have. it was set to LAN + WAN but I changed it back to LAN. I was in a hurry after factory reboot,
SSH.JPG

I have to slow down some times lol

Thank You,

Not sure if this is related to the firmware or the fact that I've switched (again) to the RT-AC5300 as my main router.

If I try to Cast from Google Play Music on my Pixel XL (connected to 5G-2), I see either just my Receiver (WiFi on 5G-1) or also my NVidia Shield (on LAN4) but rarely any of my other Chromecasts (1st and 2nd gen, all on 2.4G). Same from my Win10 PC (on 5G-2). Every now and then, I'd see 2-3 Chromecasts. Google Home also complains occasionally that it can't "tell Harmony".

Anything changed in the way Multicast is handled? Or some setting I've overlooked when manually moving them from my old RT-AC68U?

Thank you!

It is what it is. It makes no sense to me and I thought it'd be an easy fix (new feature?) to check both repositories and report only the latest final if the option was not selected; or report the latest of either beta or final, whichever was newer, if the option was selected.

I'm not opposed to revising this in the future (it was actually on my ToDO for a long time). Just not a big priority at this time, as it's not necessarily a trivial fix, and will require some planning.

Also note that the automated new version check WILL check for the presence of non-beta releases, so you will still get the notification popup at the top of the webui even if you're on the Beta channel. That also means that using an Email notification script should also send you a notification.

Basically, automated check = Release channel, while the Check button = user-selected channel.

Was working fine for me with Filezilla.
STATUS> Connecting to "192.168.0.1" on port 21.
STATUS> Connected to 192.168.0.1:21 from 192.168.0.108:50669.
220 Welcome to ASUS RT-AC66U FTP service.
COMMAND> AUTH TLS
234 Proceed with negotiation.
ERROR> Connection attempt failed. Retrying in 3 seconds...
500 OOPS: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:ssl3_get_client_hello:no shared cipher

Change the authentication method in your attached setting from HTTP to HTTPS or both(I suggest BOTH for the first time as you can switch back if HTTPS is not working properly).
Then access to your router's WebUI by https://router.asus.com:8443 or https://192.168.1.1:8443

I got back in, thank you. but something is not working wright

SSH Page.JPG

It could be it's not reading the certificate

SSH Certificate.JPG

Thank You,

Hi!
There is the same problem that was in the previous version (380.66) - the huge use of the CPU when I distribute torrents.
15-06-2017_10-49-47.png
18-07-2017_22-03-43.png

Do you leave SSH password login set to no then put it on when you need to install stuff on the router like say AB-Solution?

Then switch it back to off when done?

No, I haven't done that. just left it enabled. But I am rethinking that practice

Last edited:
STATUS> Connecting to "192.168.0.1" on port 21.
STATUS> Connected to 192.168.0.1:21 from 192.168.0.108:50669.
220 Welcome to ASUS RT-AC66U FTP service.
COMMAND> AUTH TLS
234 Proceed with negotiation.
ERROR> Connection attempt failed. Retrying in 3 seconds...
500 OOPS: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:ssl3_get_client_hello:no shared cipher

Did you enable TLS support on the router? What client are you using? Here's Filezilla:

Code:
Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Did you enable TLS support on the router? What client are you using? Here's Filezilla:

Code:
Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Tls - Enabled. Clients have tried different.

Hi!
There is the same problem that was in the previous version (380.66) - the huge use of the CPU when I distribute torrents.
View attachment 9879 View attachment 9880
Not so unusual with a single core processor using download master. Suggest you run your torrents on a pc. Will take load off of the router...

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!