What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello :)

Im on ASUS AC-RT87U, and with brand new 380.67_0 firmware my ASUS RT-N12D working as a repeater have problems with accessing internet. RT-N12D sees RT87U's wifi, even says its connected to it, but there is no internet. Everything is working smooth on 380.66_6 firmware.

I'm using an RT-AC68u A1 and since I installed 380.67 Beta 4 it can happen that the router looses its Internet connection. It happened with Beta 4 and it now happened with the final version. The log is completely empty, nothing is shown when it happens. When I reboot the device Internet works again, but I can't trust how long. I have the router since March 2014 and this has never happened before. So it's really unusal, never had such issues with the 68u, usually I can turn it on and forget all about it because it always works.

I guess my question is, am I the only one facing this issue? Thanks!

Don't know if this will help, but I started seeing the same - loss of internet connection; local LAN fine - after upgrading to 380.67 final on an AC68 [Best Buy 1.4GHz CPU model].

Turns out while playing with my new NordVPN I accidentally left the router set up as a client or [admittedly unlikely] the flash and reboot turned the client on. Since turning it off, the problem has gone away or more accurately the quirky behavior has been moved upstream to the individual devices that run a NordVPN client [sigh].

updated from 380.65_2

All looks good and to be working only thing seem diffrent is that I have all my Wireless clients limited to 10/10 and before most speeed test show 10/10 instantly and stay there, with this FW is seem to take it time slowly to get to the 10/10 limit most usual stay at around 9.5mbit when hits it where previous FW would stay at 10.

Other then this speeds are great 200-40 on lan connections providing my modem or isp lets me get 200/40, most time the speed are 60-150mbit these day threw router or straight connect to pc.

I in process of have my TM822G replace with new TM822G cause I dont want TM1602A ( even thought is modem would fix that but would introduce the latency spike this chipset still has 3+ years and multiple fw updates later) if new TM822G dont stabilize my 200 Tier gona get node split. If they can't stablize these 200 tier with that modem for me I wont be keeping the 200 tier after november which would make this i went threw a waste of time, AC66U perfectly capable of 200mbit so long as HW Acceleration /CTF is on and it is on

Would like to get AC3100 or higher router but i cant justify the cost, cause they not gona really increase my wifi range and it would only be done to have QOS on which turns off CTF and still be able to pull 200+ mbit which my AC66U cant not do with QOS on.

guess I could always get B1 revision of 66U if I gots no choice that is 1ghz dual core version of 66U and has adaptive QOS too, never notice AC66U support MIMO though.

Last edited:
Updated my 87u and it runs fine. I had to do the update twice for some reason but after the second time it worked. Thank you for another great release :)

Dual-WAN is still broken unfortunately. It didn't work on 380.66 and now it doesn't work on 380.67 too which I just flashed on AC68U. I have also made factory reset to make sure it is not some leftovers issue. I have main WAN as PPPoE with static IP and Ethernet LAN 1 port setup as 2nd WAN with static IP. When I swap the connection in dual-wan tab, despite showing connected, there is no connection at all until full reboot is performed. I didn't have such issues prior to 380.66 but I am not sure in which release was it broken exactly.

@RMerlin, perhaps you could give Asus a nudge about this issue? I had perfect dual-wan setup working for years until they broke it recently. Now when WAN 1 is down, it won't even switch to WAN2. I changed nothing in my setup.

Dirty flash is flashing firmware without performing a factory reset.
and
firmware upgrade without a factory reset after it

Could you please suggest me when a factory reset is advised? Perhaps at every firmware upgrade?
More importantly, every time I perform an upgrade I get this message: " Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot router-model-X manually".
Should I ignore it or the reboot is really needed? It seems to reboot itself during the upgrade process.. but I may be totally wrong! :)

Many thanks

and

Could you please suggest me when a factory reset is advised? Perhaps at every firmware upgrade?
More importantly, every time I perform an upgrade I get this message: " Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot router-model-X manually".
Should I ignore it or the reboot is really needed? It seems to reboot itself during the upgrade process.. but I may be totally wrong! :)

Many thanks
manul reboot from the gui, and give the factory reset a go if your having major issues the reboot unit might be fixed by a reset if you havnt already, most people do one after then come from stock firmware and or if there coming from an version of merlin thats 3 versons back, or a new firmware that has major changes that would affect it.

@RMerlin, perhaps you could give Asus a nudge about this issue? I had perfect dual-wan setup working for years until they broke it recently.

Dual WAN has never fully worked properly. It's always been broken for one person or another since the very first time Asus added it to the firmware, so by now I'm sure they're aware of it.

Since updating getting lots of

Code:
Jul 20 01:03:38 smbd[1452]: [2017/07/20 01:03:38.630390,  0] smbd/negprot.c:706(reply_negprot)
Jul 20 01:03:38 smbd[1452]:   No protocol supported !

I have SMB1 turned off on a Windows 7 computer on the network, if that's related.

Since updating getting lots of

Code:
Jul 20 01:03:38 smbd[1452]: [2017/07/20 01:03:38.630390,  0] smbd/negprot.c:706(reply_negprot)
Jul 20 01:03:38 smbd[1452]:   No protocol supported !

I have SMB1 turned off on a Windows 7 computer on the network, if that's related.

Did you enable SMB2 support on the router?

I upgraded my RT-AC3200 from 380.66_6 to 380.67 and it kills my internet, it cannot obtain an IP address from my ISP. If I go back to 380.66_6 it works.

Has anyone else has a similar issue?

I upgraded my RT-AC3200 from 380.66_6 to 380.67 and it kills my internet, it cannot obtain an IP address from my ISP. If I go back to 380.66_6 it works.

Hi,
I had updated my AC3200 to 380.67_alpha. 380.67_beta and current 380.67 without any issues. I did factory reset, and reloaded my settings via NVRAM Util https://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24a.19521/ Thanks @RMerlin for removing extra records for VPN and freeing up some NVRAM space. I am currently showing 60657 / 65536 bytes, it went down from 62681. It's been up for 36 hours without any issues.

No, flashed my AC3200 and it is working perfectly.

Try power cycling the router , remove plug from socket for 2-3 minutes then power on again , if that doesn't help then a factory reset is the way to go.

I upgraded my RT-AC3200 from 380.65_4 directly to 380.67, while keeping all settings, and have had no issues whatsoever. Memory utilization is down for me as well with Merlin's optimizations.

-Stach

I upgraded my RT-AC3200 from 380.65_4 directly to 380.67, while keeping all settings, and have had no issues whatsoever. Memory utilization is down for me as well with Merlin's optimizations.

-Stach

Yes, same here , the reduction in nvram usage is noticeable.

Flashed my AC3200 from 66_1 to 67 without issue.

Just find a new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 for RT-N66U on ASUS website , will there be a upgrade Version 380.67B for RT-N66U?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!