What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Upgraded my 88u from 66_6 to 67 last night, so far so good.

Though for some reason my traffic analyzer started treating download traffic as upload again about a week ago; a day after a WAN down incident.

Last edited:
Just find a new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.380.7743 for RT-N66U on ASUS website , will there be a upgrade Version 380.67B for RT-N66U?

The GPL zipfile they uploaded on their website is corrupted.

Fortunately, the RT-N66W zipfile is not, so I was able to merge it in. I'm waiting to see if there are other issues in need of fixing before issuing a point release (the RT-AC87U is another issue that will be resolved by this point release).

No ETA at this time, might take a while as there are no major issue in need of immediate fixing, so I can be patient.

Hi, just tested couple of tings on my ac68u

results:
after problems with dirty upgrades to asus-merlin 380.67 !

reloaded firmware asus-merlin 380.66_6
reset to factory default
asus-merlin 380.67.beta 1 good
asus-merlin 380.67.beta 2 good
asus-merlin 380.67.beta 3 worse that beta 2
asus-merlin 380.67.beta 3b as good as beta 2
asus-merlin380.67.beta 4 as good as beta 3b
asus-merlin 380.67 op ac68u as good as beta 4

So don't know what has changed. but seems the after some updates resetting to defaults gives some result/changes.

maybe Merlin knows better what changed between versions

I cannot for the life of me upgrade to .67 from .66 on my RT-AC1900P. When I click on the trx file it automatically closes my router screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I click on the flashing yellow button then visit download site it says I don't have the latest browser when in incorrect. I have edge. Never had s problem upgrading my FW before

Maybe I can't go from 380.66 straight to .67? Should I download 380.66_6 first?

I cannot for the life of me upgrade to .67 from .66 on my RT-AC1900P. When I click on the trx file it automatically closes my router screen.

Did u try updating using ASUS Firmware Restoration Tool? U can get this from the asus support site. Here is an article (https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/) from asus website on how to use it.

I found the following somewhere in this forum so check it out. One thing I will add, when doing the ping do it like this;

Ping 192.168.1.1 -t

Are you doing the procedure correctly?
Probably best to do a normal Reset of the router settings first allowing it to boot up before you start the flashing procedure.

To get into recovery mode on an N66U:
> You want to disconnect/turn off the power i.e. switch on top
> Hold down the Reset button [emoji666]0[emoji665]
> Apply the Power
> Once you see the Power light flashing very slowly you can release the Reset button

You want to set a static IP on your computer - say 192.168.1.10.
And then try pinging the router at 192.168.1.1.
You normally get a response of 64 or 100.

It can take some time for the N66U to come back; I normally leave it for at least 10 minutes or more with the power on; longer than the ASUS tool implies.
Most likely worst case scenario is seeing the MiniCFE server page @ 192.168.1.1 - you can also try flashing from there.
I've never been able to kill an N66U and I've tested most of the third party firmwares.
Don't forget to set your computer IP settings back to normal/automatic.
[/QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quick response guys. I got it to take but don't know why because I did nothing different. Oh well

Thanks for the quick response guys. I got it to take but don't know why because I did nothing different. Oh well

You are welcome!! We are all here to help each other.

maybe Merlin knows better what changed between versions

Every single change is on Github, and every release is also tagged, so you can see exactly what is changed between releases.

The only difference between beta3 and beta3b was a syntax error in the Javascript code that prevent enabling QoS, so if you see any performance difference between these two version, then the reason is definitely not the firmware, but the way you are testing performance - there were absolutely zero code change to the firmware code between these two builds.

Hadn't turned that on because I thought I saw that it adversely affect performance. Will try.

So you disabled SMB1 support on your PC, but didn't enable SMB2 support on the router. That explains why you are being told there was no compatible protocol - one only supports SMB2, and the other only supports SMB1...

The GPL zipfile they uploaded on their website is corrupted.

Fortunately, the RT-N66W zipfile is not, so I was able to merge it in. I'm waiting to see if there are other issues in need of fixing before issuing a point release (the RT-AC87U is another issue that will be resolved by this point release).

No ETA at this time, might take a while as there are no major issue in need of immediate fixing, so I can be patient.
Thanks for yr update

Dual WAN has never fully worked properly. It's always been broken for one person or another since the very first time Asus added it to the firmware, so by now I'm sure they're aware of it.
Asus is willing to look into it I think. They just need a few people to report, provide them some info, and do some basic troubleshooting. I am having major issues with a USB modem. Works excellent in old firmwares before dual WAN was introduced (connects in seconds) but having connection issues in newer firmwares (does not connect 9 times out of 10 and if it does connect it takes a very long time).

With my 10 meg down and .9 meg up I use fq_codel with wan packet overhead set to ethernet VLAN as my bridged ADSL2 modem seems to take care of other overhead. Also use freshjr qos script 1.9. Bottom line is to leave wan packet overhead to blank if you do not know for sure. Or you can experiment with it like i did to see what happens and discover the best setting that works for you.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Thank you for this info. The only thing this dummy (myself) still doesn't understand, is this part: "...Also use freshjr qos script 1.9..."

Have no idea how to use it :(

Thank you for this info. The only thing this dummy (myself) still doesn't understand, is this part: "...Also use freshjr qos script 1.9..."

Have no idea how to use it :(
See: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...s-and-inner-workings.36836/page-8#post-336773

Unfortunately after running all the Betas of 380.67 and the release my RT-AC66U_B1 started to drop 2.4 GHZ connections to a couple of my newer devices. Yes, airtime fairness was disabled but WPA had gotten turned back on for some reason. So, with the weekend approaching and increased family network use anticipated I went back to Asus 380-7378. I almost hesitate to report better signal, faster throughput and finally a buffer bloat "A" from DSL Reports with the same QOS manual settings I used with 380.67.

My apologies in advance if I have incorrectly - whether in form or substance - posted the following, but there's one thing that's been bugging me for yonks, and I am hoping the cognoscenti might help:
-In the client's list (DHCP menu) what is the difference between a 'Manual' IP address and a 'Static' IP address, it being assigned to a unique MAC?
Thanks.

My apologies in advance if I have incorrectly - whether in form or substance - posted the following, but there's one thing that's been bugging me for yonks, and I am hoping the cognoscenti might help:
-In the client's list (DHCP menu) what is the difference between a 'Manual' IP address and a 'Static' IP address, it being assigned to a unique MAC?
Thanks.
"Manual" The ip was assigned on the router (LAN / DHCP Server / Enable Manual Assignment)
"Static" The ip was assigned on the device

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!