What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

what is the difference between a 'Manual' IP address and a 'Static' IP address, it being assigned to a unique MAC?
I make this distinction....
a Manual IP is assigned at the router, such that the router hands out that address during DHCP
a Static IP is assigned at the client, such that the client uses a specific address, and usually bypasses the routers DHCP

I'm not sure why, but none of the settings on the Tools -> Other Settings from the Resolve IP for Active Settings and up are selectable or changeable on Safari on my iPad.

I wanted to toggle the resolve ip setting, but tapping Yes does nothing. Neither does tapping on any setting above it. Tapping on settings below that works fine.

Hi,

After switching to Asuswrt-Merlin my RT-AC66U started to killing itself by morning after a few days uptime. Connected devices remain connected, but have no internet access and they can't reconnect after disconnecting. I use it just for routing, nothing else. Log shows oom-killer.

It happened twice: once with 380.66_4 and once with 380.67 (only tried these versions)

What can I do to avoid this? Asuswrt was fine. Factory reset? Didn't do it after upgrading from Asuswrt. (Which didn't have this issue.)

Hi,

After switching to Asuswrt-Merlin my RT-AC66U started to killing itself by morning after a few days uptime. Connected devices remain connected, but have no internet access and they can't reconnect after disconnecting. I use it just for routing, nothing else. Log shows oom-killer.

It happened twice: once with 380.66_4 and once with 380.67 (only tried these versions)

What can I do to avoid this? Asuswrt was fine. Factory reset? Didn't do it after upgrading from Asuswrt. (Which didn't have this issue.)
I have the same exp as u. BUMP!

That is the reason. Factory reset is obligatory after upgrading from stock FW.

RtAc68U Unable to load the 380.67 coming from 380.66_6. The WebUi displays "Please wait, Applying Settings..." and 0% of the file is loaded. Never before. I tried with Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I generally reset AC68U more times but all is the same. What I can do?, please.

Just a note: I have the below listed entries (bug?) only with activated Adaptive QoS plus fq_codel. With sfq not.
Code:
kernel: htb: htb qdisc 14: is non-work-conserving?
kernel: htb: htb qdisc 13: is non-work-conserving?

RtAc68U Unable to load the 380.67 coming from 380.66_6. The WebUi displays "Please wait, Applying Settings..." and 0% of the file is loaded. Never before. I tried with Edge, Firefox and Chrome. I generally reset AC68U more times but all is the same. What I can do?, please.

Reboot the router with no USB disk plugged in before flashing, in case your router is running low on free RAM.

Also double check that you have the correct firmware model, and that you aren't running any security suite that interferes with web browsers.

Just a note: I have the below listed entries (bug?) only with activated Adaptive QoS plus fq_codel. With sfq not.

These can be ignored. They're kernel debugging info, been there since day 1.

For some reason this slowed my router speed down. I have an 80mb Fibre connection in the UK, average speed test around 76mb. With this firmware couldn't get above 9mb testing on multiple machines. I didn't do a factory reset though.

Back to .66 and everything is fine again. Weird.

This is on a AC5300.

CHANGED: Remember chosen sort method on DHCP static reservations
page.

Thanks for this.. However was wondering if you could make it sort by IP by default if nothing is set first..

Lowest ( top ) to Highest ( bottom )

Reboot the router with no USB disk plugged in before flashing, in case your router is running low on free RAM.

Also double check that you have the correct firmware model, and that you aren't running any security suite that interferes with web browsers.

These can be ignored. They're kernel debugging info, been there since day 1.

Solved! I saved the NVRAM with the NVRAM Save Restore Utility, then performed a Factory Reset, then updated the firmware and finally restored NVRAM. Thtat's okay now. Thanks to all.

Thanks for this.. However was wondering if you could make it sort by IP by default if nothing is set first..

Lowest ( top ) to Highest ( bottom )

Why? It's just one single click for you to do so...

LAN ports 5-8 (RTL) don't seem to work with non-gigabit devices after upgrade on my RT-AC88U. I have a device for controlling electric outlets, home alarm etc called 'Telldus Tellstick .Net' and it wouldn't get a connection on any of the ports (5-8) and was blinking red (=no IP assigned), but as soon as I plugged it in on port 4 it got IP-address and is now working. The device uses 10 Mbit Half duplex speed according to what I see in General-->Tools.

The device uses 10 Mbit Half duplex speed according to what I see in General-->Tools.

I haven't seen an Ethernet device run at 10 Mbps for over 15 years. You should probably check that device's cable and its configuration. This sounds like something is causing Auto-Negotiate to fail.

I have been testing the fq_codel and will stick to cable (docsis) option...

however while testing i came across something that might be adjusted... each time the overhead present is changed and applied the drop down menu goes back to "Select preset" it would be nice if the page would remember the selected option... you know... just a nice thing to have

thanks!

My RT-AC87Us have been running without issue on 380.67 since release until today and this happened:

Jul 23 20:40:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:32 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:40 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:43 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:51 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:54 dnsmasq-dhcp[486]: BOOTP(br0) 00:26:86:00:00:00 no address configured
Jul 23 20:40:59 QTN: QTN connection lost[169.254.39.139][169.254.39.143]
Jul 31 18:00:15 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1
Jul 31 18:00:15 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1 (2017-07-16 12:56:43 EDT)
Jul 31 18:00:15 kernel: Linux version 2.6.36.4brcmarm (merlin@ubuntu-dev) (gcc version 4.5.3 (Buildroot 2012.02) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 16 13:05:40 EDT 2017
Jul 31 18:00:15 kernel: CPU: ARMv7 Processor [413fc090] revision 0 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f
Jul 31 18:00:15 kernel: CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache

Looks like the QTN radio tripped itself up somehow and then rebooted. When I was running on 380.65 and 380.66_6 I was going for extended periods of time without issue but now 380.67 had this happen. :-(

Just updated my rt-ac68u (previously tm-ac1900) to 380.67 final, everything running smoothly so far.

@RMerlin, Is it possible to add a new feature such as "WAN uptime" under system log>general log, and under tools as well?

Thanks for this great firmware. :)

I haven't seen an Ethernet device run at 10 Mbps for over 15 years. You should probably check that device's cable and its configuration. This sounds like something is causing Auto-Negotiate to fail.

There are still some devices out there that are 10 Mbps. For example I recently bought a Secure+ 2.0 gateway for hooking up an older garage door to the Internet. It only does 10 Mbps, probably because it's cheaper and doesn't require faster speeds.

I have it hooked up to my 88U (port 3) which reports it as 10 Mbps. I confirmed it was from this link

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!