What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.67 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if my issue is reported yet. I have the Asus RT-AC3200 and updated to 380.67 firmware. When turning on VPN client for only a couple pc's in my network, the entire network and router is sent through the VPN essentially killing my access to my dyndns address. I have performed a factory reset before and after the upgrade to clear the NVRAM and reprogrammed all my settings from scratch.

I have an issue with the QOS of the merlin firmware 380.67/380.66 (did not try other merlin firmware) where if i turned it on, some sites such as fast.com and speedtest.net does not load up.
At first i though it was my ISP being dodgy but as soon as i turned off the QoS in the router all the sites load up properly again, if i turn on Qos again then its not loading some of the sites anymore.

In the end i flashback to the official AsusWrt and the QOS in there works fine with all website.
Not entirely sure why in Merlin the Qos is blocking access to some sites.
Im using RT-AC68U connected to a HFC modem in bridge mode.

I haven't read through the entire thread so I'm not sure if my issue is reported yet. I have the Asus RT-AC3200 and updated to 380.67 firmware. When turning on VPN client for only a couple pc's in my network, the entire network and router is sent through the VPN essentially killing my access to my dyndns address. I have performed a factory reset before and after the upgrade to clear the NVRAM and reprogrammed all my settings from scratch.
I would double check the Redirect Internet Traffic setting on the VPN Client Web Gui. Is it set to All Traffic or Policy Rules? I have one AC88U router with All Traffic and another AC88U with Policy Rules and I do not have any issues.

Running 380.67 on an AC5300. If I have QoS enabled and run Speedtest on my Linux desktop while connected wirelessly, I get downloads exceeding 50 Mbps. (I am on a 60/10 plan from my ISP.) If I then disconnect from Wi-Fi and connect directly to the router on ethernet (connection info says 1000 Mbps), and run Speedtest again, I only get downloads of 10 Mbps. I have checked this several times and the results are consistent. I then turn QoS off and run the test again on ethernet. I then get my 50+ Mbps download speeds back. It appears that QoS prefers Wi-Fi over ethernet.
Could someone smarter than I explain this.

Check the signature of the TRX, not of the zipfile.

TRX is generated automatically during build time, so it's highly unlikely not to match.

under Linux the following command doesn't work:

$ sha256sum -c sha256sum.sha256
sha256sum: 'RT-AC66U_380.67_0.trx'$'\r': No such file or directory
: FAILED open or read
sha256sum: WARNING: 1 listed file could not be read

Reason being the sha256.sum file contains a ^M as EOL.
Is the build process acting on purpose when using unix2dos (instead of dos2unix) during the file generation?

sha256sum $FWNAME | unix2dos > sha256sum.sha256

Cheers

well last night the 2gh drops and by that i mean ssid was gone and nothing could could connect , could not get ip address or anything, had to reboot the reboot the router.

Were drivers in FW chanced since 380.60_2 if these keeps happen i gona revert fw

Is the build process acting on purpose when using unix2dos (instead of dos2unix) during the file generation?

Yes, because the majority of users are under Windows. A multiline Linux-formatted file is unreadable in Notepad, so I format it to be readable by the majority.

What I could possibly do is format the single-line file for UNIX (so command line will work), but format the separate file that contains all checksums in DOS format.

Personally tho, I think it's a bug in sha256sum if it can't properly deal with the file EOL - there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to just stop reading at either /r or /n.

Just adding my bug report to the number of other people here that have wireless dropping on 380.67. I didn't have the issue on 66.6 but with .67 2.4ghz connections seem to drop a lot. Not having the issue on 5ghz though. Using RT-AC1900P. Have gone back to 66.6 to see if that fixes the 2.4ghz Wi-fi issue.

Just adding my bug report to the number of other people here that have wireless dropping on 380.67. I didn't have the issue on 66.6 but with .67 2.4ghz connections seem to drop a lot. Not having the issue on 5ghz though. Using RT-AC1900P. Have gone back to 66.6 to see if that fixes the 2.4ghz Wi-fi issue.
Would be nice to know what the client devices are that are experiencing the "dropping". For example my ultra cheap Tenda AC6 drops lots more than other clients.

Would be nice to know what the client devices are that are experiencing the "dropping". For example my ultra cheap Tenda AC6 drops lots more than other clients.
Router is Asus RT-AC1900P. 2 are laptops with Dell 1704 b/g/n adapters, one Win10 other Win 7. Signal strength isn't an issue and dropping wasn't an issue for any of them till 380.67. Have another HP laptop with Win10 but don't remember the adapter it has and its also experiencing random drops. Cannot reproduce the issue but its been only since upgrading, otherwise its been rock solid

Not sure this is the correct place to report an error/bug in this latest firmware, but since updating to this, my secondary router, which runs as a media bridge, now gives me a browser flood each time i click the wireless network name at the top of the main page (takes you to wireless general page), and try to use the drop down box to select 5Ghz.. soon as i do that, the browser will reload itself every 0.5 seconds, so I can't actually set it via the interface at all. Tried a few different browsers, and even from my iphone.. same effect.

My primary router, which is running in router mode has no such issues.

Both are RT-AC87u's.

Also, whilst I did get the bridge to work over 5ghz anyway, by using the wizard, and manually entering the ssid / pass, it is really unstable for gaming. Might get 5 mins or an hour, but seem to get a lot of disconnects going over the bridge with my PC. It was far more stable on the previous 380.65_4 that i was using (edit. I should add, the routers are literally about maybe 8 meters apart, with a single wall, between them. A meter or so to the left and they'd be looking at each other through a window even - so distance shouldn't be an issue). Last thing is, changing ANYTHING (even on the 2.4ghz radio) on the media bridge router, results in the bridge (5ghz) disconnecting - even if a 'soft' save, that normally isn't rebooting the router at all (see the progress going 20/40/60/80/100%). This in itself wouldn't be an issue, except that it does not reconnect at all without rebooting the router, or going through the setup wizard again, and there is no simple 'connect' button. Rebooting the router does make it reconnect after a time.

2.4ghz seems fine on the main router.

Yes, because the majority of users are under Windows. A multiline Linux-formatted file is unreadable in Notepad, so I format it to be readable by the majority.
What I could possibly do is format the single-line file for UNIX (so command line will work), but format the separate file that contains all checksums in DOS format.
Personally tho, I think it's a bug in sha256sum if it can't properly deal with the file EOL - there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to just stop reading at either /r or /n.

Make sense indeed.
This plan sounds like a good alternative to me (I was not aware of multilines files) . Thanks for this.

Regarding DOS EOL compatibility, even though I don't have precise examples in mind, I remember some mandatory dos2unix steps while using Unix commands. Showing a king of general incompatibility on ^M o_O

After update firmware to 380.67 /380.68 Alpha1

Wifi keeps dropping. Done factory default still sane.
Hi.

Same for me...1st day running 380.67 everything was running fine.....last 3 days the 5ghz band has dropped several times each day. Done factory resets and fresh uploads....sorry...something must be strange. Last time this happened was when running 380.59.....That version was really a disaster for me.
Any suggestions?

in my case when 5ghz or 2ghz goes all client lose connection till router is reboots, so far that i know of the 5ghz drop twice and 2ghz once, and seeing I rarely use wifi to begin with, for me to notice this happen it has to be frequent cause i randomly use the hopper3 to download VOD or when I use my ps4 which only personal device i have that use wifi 2ghz which used randomly at best. I have also had times where 5ghz speed drop to sub 1 mbit reboot was need in that case too

My router is in same spot in been for years, and I never really had issues with wifi When I first switch to this FW my 2ghz was running 60 c and the 5ghz was running 70 c which thought was strange, but it seem to be back to it normal 50c/60c

I don't have anything technical to add, neither am I complaining, I don't have that many wireless devices as I wire what I can but my phone lights up randomly saying "connected to my 5 ghz network" so not sure if mine is dropping out too. No issues otherwise with latest release.

I have not really a droping of the networks, but a very bad reception. My Honor 9 smartphone has such a bad reception, that it uses 4G rather then my wifi, sometimes its telling me that the wpa key is wrong. My syslog if flooded with dhcp massages because of the reconnections. My PC is telling me that I have only about 60-70% signal. Normal both show about 80-100%. Sometimes my pc is telling me that I don't have internet connection. I have to reboot the router to fix that for both devices. That started with the 67 build and is present with the 68 alpha build too.

Last edited:
I don't have any issues at all. Signal is just as strong as 380.66_6, I have 21 devices in total on my network, 5 wired, 16 wireless of about which half of them is connected to the 5Ghz network of the router. None of the devices have any trouble staying connected or dropping issues whatsoever. Starting to think that this issue is limited to one or more specific models, if that's even possile.

I assume all of those who are having trouble, tried the suggestion from the previous release 380.66 (12-May-2017), as found in the changelog:

Note:
* If you are experiencing new wifi stability issues, try disabling Airtime Fairness on the Wireless -> Professional page (on all bands).​
?

I don't see any wifi related changes from 380.66 to 380.67, so this might still be applicable (assumption on my behalf), but that's something only @RMerlin can confirm whether that's still applicable.

Did a factory reset and that option was disabled by default :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!