What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Astrill already released a fixed plugin, so it should already be working. Make sure you are up-to-date. As sent by my contact:

It's 2.9.9.4. They might need to clear browser cache as JS/CSS files are probably cached.

So if you are indeed on 2.9.9.4 and still having issues, then he recommends opening a support ticket with Astrill.

Astrill already released a fixed plugin, so it should already be working. Make sure you are up-to-date. As sent by my contact:

So if you are indeed on 2.9.9.4 and still having issues, then he recommends opening a support ticket with Astrill.
mmm that's not a new release it's the one that has been there for years and not working with clearing cache. I already opened a ticket and they said they are working on a new release but this sounds the opposite to what they said :S

I will try to re-install and restore factory settings and report back

UPDATE: I take it all back, they are right it's now working! Thanks!!

Last edited:
I don't know if it is in topic ... but 380.68_alpha1 is going rock, solid, without problems:
35 days 0 hours 59 minute(s) 9 seconds! (I've been away) :p

s.1504216300.jpg

s.1504216335.jpg

Applet version - 2.9.9.3
Last update check - 2017-09-01
New update - new version 2.9.9.4 is available. View changelog

here is the proof of the new version

Applet version - 2.9.9.3
Last update check - 2017-09-01
New update - new version 2.9.9.4 is available. View changelog

here is the proof of the new version

Their changelog hasn't been updated since 2013 :confused:

Hi
I upgraded my 88 a little later, about a week ago. Things have been great, except wifi after a scheduled reboot. I read through the thread and saw some comments about wifi, more specifically 5ghz and Merlin's response saying nothing wifi wise had changed.

I have my Asus set up for a scheduled nightly reboot. Every night since 380.68, the router comes up, but wifi clients can't reconnect - 5ghz or 2.4ghz. I have physically power off/on the router, and then everything comes back. I disabled the nightly reboots for now. It started immediately after upgrading. Not a huge problem, but wanted to point it out

Paul

With this build I have to reboot my router (RT-AC66U) every couple of days because there is no internet connectivity.

Works for me. Enable Dual WAN, and make sure you disable UPnP for both interfaces, then re-disable Dual WAN. I know it used to be picky about Dual WAN checks.
Turns out Dual WAN was already turned on, while we don't use that... Once I disabled it the scan result turned green for this item. Thanks!

While I'm pretty sure that I have done that before, I have enabled and then disabled anonymous FTP. Now that scan result also turned green...

Finally the scan has only green results on this router as well :)

Is anyone having issues with the webui on this version when accessing it via WLAN? I have an AC68U, and it is behaving really weirdly and *really* slow. It is not displaying items (eg: static ip address lists are empty, wake-on-lan lists are empty, main page connection WLAN ip address is empty, DDNS status reports "wait a while for verifying..." etc). This happens when accessing it via http or https. I've definitely cleared browser cache, tried from my phone, work PC, different browsers, platforms (chrome, safari, osx, pc, android) etc and all have the same issue. I have not tried a factory reset (I'd rather not, as I have many settings (port forwards, static ip's, wake on lan MAC addresses, vpn's etc) configured.

When accessing the webui using a local LAN computer, everything behaves properly, and fast. (not sure I understand how/why the http server can treat wlan traffic different than lan traffic?)

Is anyone having issues with the webui on this version when accessing it via WLAN?

I do the majority of my development over wifi on my laptop. No problem accessing my webui.

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, my phone must have autocorrected, and I didn't catch it. I meant via WAN (not WLAN). Accessing the webui on the local network works fine for me (wifi or Ethernet), but accessing it from a remote location via ddns or knowing my home IP address, is when the issue shows up for me. Just seem to have this issue with the new build.

Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, my phone must have autocorrected, and I didn't catch it. I meant via WAN (not WLAN). Accessing the webui on the local network works fine for me (wifi or Ethernet), but accessing it from a remote location via ddns or knowing my home IP address, is when the issue shows up for me. Just seem to have this issue with the new build.

It is quite unsafe to access your webui over the WAN; there have been several cases where forum members' routers have been hacked this way. Here's Merlin's latest of many warnings, issued only yesterday:

"I strongly advise against opening the webui to the WAN at all. Too many security issues were found over the years in the router's httpd. A VPN or an SSH tunnel would be a much better way to do it."

from https://www.snbforums.com/threads/e...t-now-cant-connect-locally.40966/#post-345254

Factory reset maybe in order!

I upgraded from RT-AC87U to RT-AC88U. I updated to 380.68 and everything is working fine.

I have two AC3200, both bought in Norway, running 380.68. Both have been factory reset before and after firmware upgrade.

Question 1: Available 5ghz channels
Is it normal behaviour that one can only choose channel 36 through 48 on the 5ghz_1 radio? And 100 to 140 on 5ghz_2?
This is a rather odd limitation, I'd like to choose a higher channel for this radio to avoid interference with other WIFI networks in the area. First screenshot attached.

According to wiki (link) I should be able to choose these channels:
36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161 and 165.

The 5ghz_1 radio is limited to channels 36 to 48
The 5ghz_2 radio is limited to channels 100 to 140

Why does these limitations exist? Why can't I choose between every available 5ghz channel available in my region, for both 5ghz radios?

Question 2: Web-gui when in Media bridge-mode
When in media bridge mode I can easily enter wireless settings by clicking the SSIDs on top of the web-gui. I can set name, password etc, and according to the GUI, these networks should broadcast. Shouldn't these settings be disabled when the router is set to media bridge? Second screenshot attached.

I'd also like to add that AC3200 as a media bridge seems no good at all. Compared to my old and trusty N66U, AC3200 slows down and often looses connection to the AP. I have to reboot it daily. The router I'm connected to is a AC66U_A1 through 5ghz AC. I think it's strange that my N66U on the same firmware could keep connected all the time, but AC3200 can't.
Also, what good is three bands if you can't use the router as both a media bridge and a AP at the same time? ASUS could have done so much more with this powerfull hardware.

Attachments

• 5ghz AC3200.png
    5ghz AC3200.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 652
  • AC3200 bug 2.PNG
    AC3200 bug 2.PNG
    248.4 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!