What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

in next few days i gona update to 380.68. current 380.67 i using is still getting the random wifi completely drops, and i have cycle the wifi with WPS switch that turns on and off to get wifi back up , its like the whole wifi stops transmitting no ssid is even found by any device when this happens. not say this fw issue just say i didnt start noticed this till the 380.67 build. then again been spend alot more time on ps4 that is connected to the wifi maybe it always did and i never noticed it

I original thought this had to do dhcp issue so i set lease for 7 day cycle like reboot cycle, but it happen again 15 hours after my weekly reboot. maybe my router is slowly dying it is kinda extra warm to touch but always has been. 2.4gh is 51c and 5ghz is 61c like always has been.

I tried to upgrade to 380.68_4 from 380.68_2 today. When I clicked on Upload button, the GUI was kind of stuck at loading (waiting for 192.168.x.x). There wasn't any progress bar. After about 15mins, I closed the GUI. Now I can't connect to the router anymore but LAN/WiFi are still OK.

Anybody knows what went wrong? What should I do? Thank you!

I tried to upgrade to 380.68_4 from 380.68_2 today. When I clicked on Upload button, the GUI was kind of stuck at loading (waiting for 192.168.x.x). There wasn't any progress bar. After about 15mins, I closed the GUI. Now I can't connect to the router anymore but LAN/WiFi are still OK.

Anybody knows what went wrong? What should I do? Thank you!
Can you ssh into the router?

Based on Merlin's initial go-to router opinion for the season, the AC-86U, I've snagged one of these.

But it appears Merlin has been locked out? Is he having second thoughts?

Can you ssh into the router?
Thanks! I could not. It stopped here

0MVeU7Q.png

Please, add fix for ac66u.

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.8120
Security fixed
- Fixed KRACK vulnerability
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities

Could you be any more demanding?

Could you be any more demanding?

Added ‘bitch’ on the end?

As if Merlin isn’t going to do so ASAP! Some people eh! Probably doesn’t even use it in repeater/bridge mode anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost all of them except the Krack update have already been added to this build and 382 builds. Anyway adding the Krack update don't protect you if your clients have not been patched.

Yes I know.

But it appears you are not as enthusiastic as before, as more of the firmware is being incrementally locked down, meaning locking you out. And now Broadcom is moving its HQ to the U.S.A. to play pretty please and trying to take over Qualcomm http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-ct-broadcom-qualcomm-deal-20171106-story.html

Please, add fix for ac66u.

Asus hasn't released the source code yet, so there's nothing I can do.

Note that all these CVEs are already fixed in 380.68_4, and the KRACK fix is only needed if your router is running in Repeater or Media Bridge mode.

I'm having the same problem as well on my RT-AC68U. Not sure if this is a bug or a hardware problem.
Same here. Had same issue in the past and got fixed for a while, now back at it. Seemingly random reboots, could be related to torrenting but no way to know. Logs are not helpful, I can't see the reson of the crash but only the services restarting.

Asus hasn't released the source code yet, so there's nothing I can do.

Note that all these CVEs are already fixed in 380.68_4, and the KRACK fix is only needed if your router is running in Repeater or Media Bridge mode.
Just wanted to confirm the latest _4 does include the KRACK fix, correct? I have patched all my devices but I do have a AC66 running in repeater mode.

No _4 does not include the Krack fix. Merlin will have to wait for Asus to release code. So far they have been very slow to update.

Almost all of them except the Krack update have already been added to this build and 382 builds. Anyway adding the Krack update don't protect you if your clients have not been patched.
I just came across this thing:
https://github.com/securingsam/krackdetector
I know absolutely nothing about it other than what it says on that page. But assuming it works the way it say it does, and since it is just a python script, would it be possible to include it in an upcoming build, maybe with a checkbox to enable/disable it?

It just seems as though if it works as claimed. this would be a way to protect again Krack attacks without having to worry so much about clients that cannot be patched. Those that know Python (I don't), please feel free to comment on whether this could actually work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!