What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

But I have found that after a reset, that it sometimes gives out the DNS address as 192.168.2.84 to some devices on my network, which is wrong

This means you have another DHCP server on your network. You will need to shut it down.

This means you have another DHCP server on your network. You will need to shut it down.

Yup, that was it. Sorry for the wrong comments about _4.

I have Time Scheduling running and this morning I found out WiFi was not up for programmed devices while it should have.

Turned out the DST time zone changes ends was set on wrong date. I never touched that setting and router is only a few months old so it was from factory like this, maybe using old values? IIRC a few years ago (2007?) it was changed, maybe ASUS in Taiwan, where I believe firmwares are updated, never heard of this?

Whatever, I made the change so now I'm good. Was curious if that could be corrected in original firmware so it would come with dates used today, 1st Sunday of November.

I have Time Scheduling running and this morning I found out WiFi was not up for programmed devices while it should have.

Turned out the DST time zone changes ends was set on wrong date. I never touched that setting and router is only a few months old so it was from factory like this, maybe using old values? IIRC a few years ago (2007?) it was changed, maybe ASUS in Taiwan, where I believe firmwares are updated, never heard of this?

Whatever, I made the change so now I'm good. Was curious if that could be corrected in original firmware so it would come with dates used today, 1st Sunday of November.

Different places around the world have different rules, these are for Europe for example;
2bae45354fbf9d2d63d712ac2678ef76.png

As such the default for you is incorrect for someone else.
What would be nice is based on the time zone you select it puts the correct DST settings for that region, but given the way it’s implemented that’s unlikely to happen!

Also - you are posting completely off topic (should have been a new thread). Please keep this related to this firmware release only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As such the default for you is incorrect for someone else.
Sorry I posted like I was writing to RMerlin. We live in same country and in 2007 for EST -5 the Sunday where time change was delayed a few weeks later so I was suggesting that maybe Taiwan wasn't aware of this. But like you said if this settings does not adjust as we select a time zone then I guess all the world wide info is not included.

Also - you are posting completely off topic (should have been a new thread). Please keep this related to this firmware release only.
Really? To me it was kind of related to firmware but I could also have started a new thread... oh well!

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68_4 is now available, contains various fixes including an update to dnsmasq 2.78 which resolves a number of security vulnerabilities.

Code:
  - CHANGED: Updated dnsmasq to 2.78 (contains a number of
             security fixes).
  - FIXED: rstats could crash at start time in some situations.
  - FIXED: QOS Scheduler would revert back to sfq after you had
           re-enabled QOS while (fq_)codel was already selected.
  - FIXED: Missing tabs on the Parental Control page.
  - FIXED: Realtek port status wouldn't auto-refresh on the Sysinfo
           page.
  - FIXED: Incorrect sort by remaining time on the DHCP Lease page.
  - FIXED: Some LAN clients couldn't be added to the TOR redirected
           client list.

I guess we need to wait for Asus fix to address the KRACK Attack on AC68U?

Hi !

I've been having issues for weeks now, struggling to find the problem, yet it seems to be similar to @Pir8pete , router crashes when torrenting !!!
My AC-RT87U just hangs, gets not responsive, and sometimes after a couple hours, it works again, if not, have to reboot it manually.
I'm using torrent on a synology nas DS-713+, never had any problem for years. Clients tested are deluge and transmission, not even heavy loaded, max connections to 50, only 10/20 peers connected with download speed very low like 100kb/s, and yet it crashes within the hour. (I have 100 Mb/s fiber FTTH).
Didn't find any solution yet except to not use torrent at all.
Factory reset has been done many times, then entering settings manually one by one on several days, so AI protection seems not the cause.
Any advice appreciated !
(maybe get back to an older firmware if possible ?)
Thanks !

Have you tried reading the thread dedicated to this?[/QUOTE

Appologize, not at the time I prematurely send you the note and forgot to delete the post after I found my answer. AC68U in AP mode is not subjected to this KRACK vulnerability.

Hi !

I've been having issues for weeks now, struggling to find the problem, yet it seems to be similar to @Pir8pete , router crashes when torrenting !!!
My AC-RT87U just hangs, gets not responsive, and sometimes after a couple hours, it works again, if not, have to reboot it manually.
I'm using torrent on a synology nas DS-713+, never had any problem for years. Clients tested are deluge and transmission, not even heavy loaded, max connections to 50, only 10/20 peers connected with download speed very low like 100kb/s, and yet it crashes within the hour. (I have 100 Mb/s fiber FTTH).
Didn't find any solution yet except to not use torrent at all.
Factory reset has been done many times, then entering settings manually one by one on several days, so AI protection seems not the cause.
Any advice appreciated !
(maybe get back to an older firmware if possible ?)
Thanks !

I'm having the same problem as well on my RT-AC68U. Not sure if this is a bug or a hardware problem.

If we are a few to get the same problem, hardware related issue is weird ! Hope it is software and can be fixed somehow :)

Edit : Maybe a lead in the understanding of the torrenting problem, yesterday I just changed the fixed port setting I use, to just "random ports" incoming/outgoing in my deluge client, and it hasn't crashed the router for over 24h, 200 connections and few Mb/s speeds.
Capture.PNG

Edit² : Never mind, crashed after 36 hours of happy heavy torrenting. Annoying.

Last edited:
Sorry I posted like I was writing to RMerlin. We live in same country and in 2007 for EST -5 the Sunday where time change was delayed a few weeks later so I was suggesting that maybe Taiwan wasn't aware of this. But like you said if this settings does not adjust as we select a time zone then I guess all the world wide info is not included.

Really? To me it was kind of related to firmware but I could also have started a new thread... oh well!
Stock firmware has the same issue

If we are a few to get the same problem, hardware related issue is weird ! Hope it is software and can be fixed somehow :)

Edit : Maybe a lead in the understanding of the torrenting problem, yesterday I just changed the fixed port setting I use, to just "random ports" incoming/outgoing in my deluge client, and it hasn't crashed the router for over 24h, 200 connections and few Mb/s speeds.
View attachment 10733

Edit² : Never mind, crashed after 36 hours of happy heavy torrenting. Annoying.
Which router

Said it two post earlier ;)
RT-AC87U
Sorry Im multitasking, being a relationship counsellor, and helping people troubleshoot devices:p
Is your router always on or on a reboot cycle?

No problem, that's why I answered anyway, I know we can't remember or read again the whole conversation every time, I should have said RT-AC87U in my every posts :) (or sig :D)

No problem, that's why I answered anyway, I know we can't remember or read again the whole conversation every time, I should have said RT-AC87U in my every posts :)
I usually do read the whole conversation if can focus for long enough, put it in your signature..
Also is your router on a reboot schedule, if not I'd advise it to see if that helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!