What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the RT-AC1900P and would like to try the Merlin firmware. I’m currently running the latest Asus fw 3.0.0.4.382.18547.

Just to verify the steps. I download Merlin’s fw 380.68_4 for RT-AC68U, flash and restore to default?

Say I want to go back to the latest stock firmware, is that possible in future using same steps?

Thank you.

I have a RT-AC68U and a RT-AC68R both running the firmware 380.64_2 .
What are the steps required to move to the newest firmware 380.68_4 ?
One of the router is in AP mode, the other one is in router mode.
Can I save my config and restore it to the newest firmware?
Thanks for your help.

I have ac3200 router running on Firmware Version 380.68_4 and believe there is a bug with it.

I believe I have come across a problem when implementing both router VPN clients (only two available) simultaneously.
VPN setup of each client is as follows

VPN Client 1
Description='UK'
Redirect Internet traffic='Policy Rules (strict)'
Accept DNS Configuration='Exclusive'
VPN1_Dummy 172.16.1.1..... 0.0.0.0..... vpn

VPN Client 2
Description='US'
Redirect Internet traffic='Policy Rules (strict)'
Accept DNS Configuration='Exclusive'
VPN1_Dummy 172.16.2.1..... 0.0.0.0..... vpn

With the traffic policy in place, I expect any Wifi clients on the non 172.x.x.x dhcp Not to be routed through either of the routers VPN clients.

When one of the router VPN clients is connected the behaviour is as expected but soon as I also connect the second VPN client the traffic policy rules seem to break.

The DHCP clients on the Non 172.x.x.x are passed through the VPN client and ignore the strict traffic policy rule. I did a router reset and But the same problem exists once I configured the VPN clients again.

Am I correct in believing I have come across a bug in the firmware or have I made an error in implementing the policy ?

Is anyone else missing the options under DHCP Maunal add? I the dropdown show nothing and teh current Manual DHCP I have (about 15 are not showing either) . As well as the fact that you cant close the window? Its for the Asus RT-68U

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 6.26.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 6.26.31 PM.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 618
Is anyone else missing the options under DHCP Maunal add? I the dropdown show nothing and teh current Manual DHCP I have (about 15 are not showing either) . As well as the fact that you cant close the window? Its for the Asus RT-68U

Open your browser console and look for a Javascript error. Chances are you have an invalid hostname causing a syntax error.

It's not just the DHCP options. You're missing most of the page, the left side, top and bottom. Try using a different browser.
Tried Safari AND Google Crome, same resuts. What can I change to fix this, you hcan see I have Jave enabled from the screen shots?

You realize im on a Mac right? Ive also tried Firefox...all the same/ Please explain how the other pages can work, but not the SHCP page and its an error in my browser or an add-on loaded? If that were true, it would effect All pages correct? Can anyme else se more on the DHCP Server page? If so please upload so I can see?

Even m6 iPad, s@me exact result, I Really looks like an error in the page.

Attachments

• 62EF7848-A7B8-4466-B37F-F1CAA64DE373.png
    62EF7848-A7B8-4466-B37F-F1CAA64DE373.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 607
Even m6 iPad, s@me exact result, I Really looks like an error in the page.
Try logging onto the router with Telnet or SSH and issuing the following two commands, then reboot the router.

nvram set dhcp_staticlist=""
nvram commit

That did it! Now I can see everything...BUT It wiped out all my DHC Reserves, so I have to put the m all back in....

I've been experiencing UI issues since upgrading to 3.80.68_4 like ones attached..I basically can't save changes through UI, but can do so fine through if I SSH/through CLI. Is resetting to factory settings my only option to get past this? I've tried from multiple computers/browsers and same results so not a browser client caching issue. Would welcome any advice.

Screenshot of Google Chrome.png Screenshot of Google Chrome1.png

When was the last time you did a factory reset and why are you not using the .69 firmware?

I got the RT-AC3100 back in September and just loaded this firmware.. I noticed that going back to an older version made the issue go away which had me wondering about just doing the reset.

Downloaded .69 today and may give it a try with factory settings, unless there are other suggestions...still reading through similar threads.

Sitting in front of a bricked router which now won't even take a recovery firmware :(

1. I tried to upgrade to .69 but the UI wasn't stable while going through the upgrade process (page would paint, let me locate the firmware and would just refresh when I clicked to upgrade).
2. I then tried to reset the router using the hardware reset button. The router hasn't come up since.
3. I've been trying unsuccessfully to use the Asus recovery tool, tells me the firmware restore completes but router isn't coming up. Tried firmware in attached snapshots so far.

Will be moving back to my older router until I figure this one out :(

Attachments

• Screenshot of Terminal.png
    Screenshot of Terminal.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 330
Flashing through the firmware recovery tool takes longer than a normal flash - let it sit a good 5-10 minutes when you flash throught that method.

Make sure to also do a factory default reset of the router, by booting with the WPS button pressed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!