What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Update went smooth, thanks for all the work!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is there a way to force the router to update NTP time from the upstream NTP server?

(console/shell command is fine)

oops, misread what you were asking, sorry

Is there a way to force the router to update NTP time from the upstream NTP server?

/usr/sbin/ntpd -q -n

You can also add " -p SERVER" where SERVER is the hostname or I.P. of an ntp server. If you don't add that, it should use the "server" lines from ntp.conf. You must be using the busybox version of ntpd (i.e. the one at /usr/sbin) for " -p SERVER" to work, in Entware ntpd "-p" is used to give the path to the pid file.

Last edited:

You shouldn't have to. The ntpd automatically determines how frequently it must request updates based on your historical clock skew. First updates occur within minutes, until they eventually get spread over hours unless your clock is highly inaccurate.

That's the point of using an ntpd instead of a barebone ntp client - it automatically adjust itself as needed.

Update from 384.11.1 to .2 went smooth as silk on my AP (AC-88U) but both the .1 and the .2 failed on the first attempt on the 86U. Webui showed the file "uploading" for about a minute, then it finally uploads and the update screen says that its failed but continues to run the 3 minute time out. When the router reboots, its still on the previous version. Running it a second time still had the uploading pause but flashed the firmware successfully when complete. I don't see anything in the 86U log about it at all. Once it flashed, all is working well!

@RMerlin trying to sneak this past us I see
Screenshot_20190518-214549881.jpg

I upgraded 3 RT-AC88U routers to 384.11_2 yesterday afternoon. On my development router, the Network Map page shows Internet status: Disconnected. I applied the fix mentioned here by @Skruf

Tools -> Other Settings:

upload_2019-5-19_9-7-30.png

EDIT: I then switched it back and all is good. I'll keep monitoring.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I upgraded 3 RT-AC88U routers to 384.11_2 yesterday afternoon. On my development router, the Network Map page shows Internet status: Disconnected. I applied the fix mentioned here by @Skruf

Tools -> Other Settings:

View attachment 17711

EDIT: I then switched it back and all is good. I'll keep monitoring.
i briefly had that issue my fix was using @Jack Yaz scmerlin script to reboot a couple of internet related services. it was extremely helpful and only took five seconds. i didn't even have to reboot.

upload_2019-5-18_23-29-18.png

options
D.....2......1 are what saved me, consecutively after each completed in syslogs.
and once cpu stabilized i used D again.

I’be noticed that the Wireless log device name that appears on my AC88U sometimes shows the name i set in the network client list screen and other times it shows the default value that was there originally. For example I have a number of Amazon devices on my 5 GHz network and about half show the name I set in the in the network client list whil the other half show amazon-##### where ##### is bunch of random letters. I haven’t found a rhyme or reason why exactly, though the ones with names I’ve owned longer.

This isn’t new in 384.11, but it’s something that’s been bugging me for awhile. Any idea why this is?

Last edited:
I don't see another thread for 384.11_2...so I will just post it here

I am on a RT-AC5300

I just noticed I am getting these in my system log after coming from 384.11 -> 384.11_2

Code:
May 19 01:49:45 kernel:  *** ERROR: [paid_conn_report:170] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:49:45 kernel:  *** ERROR: [bndwth_report:119] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:49:45 kernel:  *** ERROR: [paid_conn_report:170] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:49:45 kernel:  *** ERROR: [bndwth_report:119] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:49:50 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?
May 19 01:50:01 kernel:  *** ERROR: [paid_conn_report:170] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:50:01 kernel:  *** ERROR: [bndwth_report:119] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:50:03 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?
May 19 01:50:05 kernel:  *** ERROR: [paid_conn_report:170] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:50:05 kernel:  *** ERROR: [bndwth_report:119] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:50:10 kernel:  *** ERROR: [paid_conn_report:170] Failed to get conntrack from skb!
May 19 01:50:10 kernel:  *** ERROR: [bndwth_report:119] Failed to get conntrack from skb!

Hi
I have a problem with IPv6 functionality on the Asus RT-AC88U router with the latest Merlin firmware. I think I have good IPv6 settings. I can connect from the Internet to SSH over IPv6. But I can't activate WEBGUI on IPv6 for remote administration or OpenVPN server via IPv6. Is there any way how to do it?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Jaroslav

Latest alpha resulted in "error connecting" to vpns, logs showed "scanning" for something or "scan", reverting to 11_2 fixed it
What router model and please post this in the Alpha thread.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!