What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I really love ntp redirection. As it is implemented now unfortunately it only supports IPv4.

When trying to add a similar rule for IPv6 I get an error:
Code:
# ip6tables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp -m udp --dport 123 -j REDIRECT
ip6tables v1.4.15: can't initialize ip6tables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

On standard Linux distributions (e.g. CentOS 7) ip6tables do support nat tables and the statement above works as expected.

Would it be possible to add those to AsusWRT-Merlin as well?

I really love ntp redirection. As it is implemented now unfortunately it only supports IPv4.

When trying to add a similar rule for IPv6 I get an error:
Code:
# ip6tables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp -m udp --dport 123 -j REDIRECT
ip6tables v1.4.15: can't initialize ip6tables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps ip6tables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

On standard Linux distributions (e.g. CentOS 7) ip6tables do support nat tables and the statement above works as expected.

Would it be possible to add those to AsusWRT-Merlin as well?
it would be possible if they updated the ipv6tables to one of the newer versions--- the newer versions have ip6tables that support Nat, this may require asus hand to do though seeing as there are a lot of "their code" wrapped around this. ipv6tables have supported Nat since version 1.4.18.

Last edited:
Experienced some weirdness here on my 87u
Logged on router and noticed no new entries in syslog after around 06, Seemed to have been some issues with isp connection around 05
But wan was restored (May 20 06:09:28 WAN_Connection: WAN was restored) ntpd,vpn server,vpn client,DDNS restarted and looked correct, After that no syslog entries
Rebooted router only part from shutdown was in syslog nothing more, SSH and enabled debug mode in skynet and restarted it(skynet), Still nothing i syslog
Turned off router for about 15min and removed power cord and pushed power button a few times, And started it again
still no new entries in syslog still only part from shutdown when i did first reboot
Did a backup on JFFS
After that i tested in /Administration/System/Enable local NTP server=no and apply(Before it was set Enable local NTP server=yes and Intercept NTP client requests=yes) (Dont know why i came to think of trying that something about reading of changes to ntpd when i upgraded to 384.11_2)
After that i got entries in syslog again..

Edit: Rebooted again and there is still a issue with my syslog, Again only see part from shutdown and then nothing, even when all is up and working(vpn server and client)

Edit2: Again set Enable local NTP server=yes and Intercept NTP client requests=yes and apply
Syslog works..Maybe a full reset incoming
Code:
May 20 14:42:45 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1
May 20 14:42:45 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1 (2019-05-17 23:32:19 EDT)
May 20 14:42:46 dropbear[4465]: Running in background
May 20 14:42:46 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart leds)
May 20 14:42:46 hour_monitor: daemon is starting
May 20 14:42:46 hour_monitor: daemon terminates
May 20 14:42:46 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart usb_idle)
May 20 14:42:46 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart firewall)
May 20 14:42:46 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)
May 20 14:42:47 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/firewall-start (args: eth0)
May 20 14:42:47 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart bhblock)
May 20 14:42:47 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart dnsmasq)
May 20 14:42:47 custom_config: Appending content of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add.
May 20 14:42:47 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
May 20 14:42:47 Skynet: [%] Startup Initiated... ( skynetloc=/tmp/mnt/Zastoff/skynet )
May 20 14:42:48 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings, from /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf
May 20 14:43:11 Skynet: [#] 122364 IPs (+0) -- 1499 Ranges Banned (+0) || 0 Inbound -- 0 Outbound Connections Blocked! [start] [24s]

Edit3:
Downgraded to 384.11_1 (guess it`s very much like 384.11_2 wanted to reinstall so i see it really happen ;)) and did a Format JFFS partition, That Solved it (Will try 384.11_2 again later)

Last edited:
Stubby integrated with local dns cache. Excellent work.
commit de88069
Code:
#endif
#ifdef RTCONFIG_DNSPRIVACY
    if (dnspriv_enable) {
        if (!nvram_get_int("dns_local"))
        if (!nvram_get_int("dns_local_cache"))
            fprintf(fp, "nameserver %s\n", "127.0.1.1");
        fprintf(fp_servers, "server=%s\n", "127.0.1.1");
    } else

Stubby integrated with local dns cache. Excellent work.
commit de88069
Code:
#endif
#ifdef RTCONFIG_DNSPRIVACY
    if (dnspriv_enable) {
        if (!nvram_get_int("dns_local"))
        if (!nvram_get_int("dns_local_cache"))
            fprintf(fp, "nameserver %s\n", "127.0.1.1");
        fprintf(fp_servers, "server=%s\n", "127.0.1.1");
    } else
so this is what places nameserver 127.0.1.1 inside resolv.conf, while using wan1 and wan2 for dns caching?

Finally got a chance to get 11_2 up and running today. Dirty upgrade from 11_0 working great.

I know this is nothing to do with merlins build. But has anyone used Dual WAN on a recent build? Wondering if Asus has finally fixed it in a more recent version.

I know this is nothing to do with merlins build. But has anyone used Dual WAN on a recent build? Wondering if Asus has finally fixed it in a more recent version.
Dual WAN should work if it is setup right, just do not have both WAN aggregation and LAN aggregation enabled at the same time or it will not work.

Thanks much, as always! Quick question... either it's new or I haven't noticed it before... "Please reboot manually." It would appear the router still does a reboot upon firmware flash. I let it sit for a few minutes so that all the tasks completed after first post-flash boot before I rebooted again... just curious what the intent is here? :)
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is now available for all supported models. This is a fairly big update which brings a number of new features.
[/QUOTE]

I need some help. I'm trying to update my RT-AC68U to 384.11.2 from 384.8.2. I do the update by going into Administration, Firmware upgrade, choose the right .trx file for my router, then Upload.

I see that the file is uploaded fine, then I see the progress bar move from 0% to 100%, screen refresh and I'm back to the main screen with 384.8.2, no change. I tried resetting the router, downloading the .trx from the mirror site, but nothing. Still get back to 384.8.2

I know I must be missing something, but can't figure out what...

I need some help. I'm trying to update my RT-AC68U to 384.11.2 from 384.8.2. I do the update by going into Administration, Firmware upgrade, choose the right .trx file for my router, then Upload.

I see that the file is uploaded fine, then I see the progress bar move from 0% to 100%, screen refresh and I'm back to the main screen with 384.8.2, no change. I tried resetting the router, downloading the .trx from the mirror site, but nothing. Still get back to 384.8.2

Gotta ask if this is a legit AC68U or is it a modified TM-1900, if its legit reboot the router unplug usb drives if any and try again.

Remove any storage drives you are using and stop any scripts and then wait for cpu to calm down then attempt uploading the firmware. Also try using a different browser.

Gotta ask if this is a legit AC68U or is it a modified TM-1900, if its legit reboot the router unplug usb drives if any and try again.
Also as skeal is alluding to in the post above, if it is a modified TM-1900, this is not supported by merlin and will fail due to strictness of asus update parameters, if this is the case, best of luck on your future endeavors, but no one can help you here.

Modified TM-1900, but I upgraded it in the past from earlier versions of asuswrt-merlin to 384.8.2. Has anything changed post 384.8.2 wrt TM-1900?

Modified TM-1900, but I upgraded it in the past from earlier versions of asuswrt-merlin to 384.8.2. Has anything changed post 384.8.2 wrt TM-1900?
Buy yourself a legitimate product and come back, otherwise sorry but "On your bike mate."

Yes. You are running firmware on unsupported hardware.

You need to find support elsewhere.

I see... things have changed since I did the last update. Thanks for the help, really appreciated: at least I understand what is happening.

Can't wait for 384.12 provided it includes Asus 384.45717 GPL :) where the Network Map feature [along with a bunch of other things] claims to be properly fixed :rolleyes:.

There are zero changes related to networkmap between 45713 and 45717. In fact, there are very little changes between these two versions, they mostly target security issues in AiCloud.

Thanks much, as always! Quick question... either it's new or I haven't noticed it before... "Please reboot manually." It would appear the router still does a reboot upon firmware flash. I let it sit for a few minutes so that all the tasks completed after first post-flash boot before I rebooted again... just curious what the intent is here? :)

That's just the default message shown by the browser if after waiting for a given period of time the page currently loaded cannot detect that the router had rebooted.

Coming from a RT-AC56U to a 86U, the "last device seen" feature (on Tools -> Sysinfo) has been removed by ASUS?

Yes but I need to know.

So today I was trying to get a rt-ac86u in Brydge mode. It would associate to 192.168.1.16 (an access point) but would connect to 192.168.1.11 (another access point)

Since WLCEVENTD won’t tell me why it cannot connect, I’m at a loss.

Suggestion appreciate. 384.11
Make sure any network configurations are congruent with working with each other. For example, subnet mask or lan configurations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!