What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin 384.11_2 is very good.
Local ntpd is still much better with the script ntpMerlin @Jack Yaz
To use the ntpMerlin script, I need to disable " local NTP server" and "Intercept NTP client requests" in the settings or leave them both enabled?

Works for me. Do you have a real RT-AC68U, and not a hacked model?
Yes, my router is original, not hacked.

384.11_2 - same behaviour.
384.10_2 - normal.

upload_2019-5-18_18-6-37.png

Last edited:
Installed 384.11_2 and I have this "Speed Test" tab with asus reporting o_O
I did not install the speed test script, since I have greater than the recommended speed.
upload_2019-5-18_7-59-22.png

@RMerlin A curiosity: which is the best asus router that fits best and with better performance with FW Merlin? I am in doubt of the purchase between the AC86U vs AC3100
86u has better cpu, 3100 may have slightly better wifi coverage. both good choices unless you have really high internet speeds like 1gb then go with 86u if you plan to use qos etc.

3100 has really good coverage.. as an example I can watch Netflix on my ipad down the road 100m away at my neighbours barn! with the signal strength set to 50% or balanced.. whatever that means lol

FYI, just updated over 384.11 (RT-AC3100) and noticed the following in my log:

This is normal. That router only has one single firmware partition, so the upgrade is done on top of a live filesystem, which can cause crashes during the reboot.

Local ntpd is still much better with the script ntpMerlin @Jack Yaz

The goal of an ntpd is to set up a clock. My implementation does just that, and it does so by following established standards.

hi, after upgrading to 384.11_2 i have this under NTP Daemon tab (instead of gui from ntpMerlin scrip):
upload_2019-5-18_19-15-8.png

after pressing Complete i got this :
upload_2019-5-18_19-16-54.png

anyone esle has same thing?

hi, after upgrading to 384.11_2 i have this under NTP Daemon tab (instead of gui from ntpMerlin scrip):
View attachment 17700
View attachment 17701

This is unrelated to the firmware.

It would make more sense asking this in the ntpmerlin thread.

The page you're seeing is just a placeholder that Jack Yaz uses for his script's WebUI. I am not sure why you're seeing it though.

View attachment 17700
View attachment 17701

Please see my solution (post #677).

@skeal @WuTang LAN
I posted here since the asus info was showing, and thought there may have been a glitch/hiccup, and not my typical User Error! Hopefully others will see these posts and proceed with the "easy fix".

Last edited:
This is normal. That router only has one single firmware partition, so the upgrade is done on top of a live filesystem, which can cause crashes during the reboot.

Thanks RMerlin. A fresh reboot did clean it up in the log so it shows the normal:

May 5 01:05:04 kernel: _ Reboot message ... _______________________________________________________
May 5 01:05:04 kernel: <4>dhd_detach(): thread:dhd_watchdog_thread:80 t�U�nated OK
May 5 01:05:04 kernel: <4>dhd_detach(): thread:dhd_watchdog_thread:7c terminated OK
May 5 01:05:04 kernel: ____________________________________________________________________________

Appreciate the response.

This is unrelated to the firmware.

It would make more sense asking this in the ntpmerlin thread.

The page you're seeing is just a placeholder that Jack Yaz uses for his script's WebUI. I am not sure why you're seeing it though.
I think this is pretty cool that @Jack Yaz is able to implement the asus feedback menu in his scripts.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!