What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As you said: It WAS !
Now asus changed the text to be more informative.

Firmware
Version 3.0.0.4.384.21140 2018/07/1042.89 MBytesASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21140
- [DDNS] Modified the procedure of DDNS service register under dual wan load balance mode
- [WAN] Modified detect logic of internet connection
- [AiMesh] Fixed AiMesh onboarding unsuccessfully once smart connect is enabled
- [AiMesh] Modified AiMesh nodes notification procedure
- [GUI] Fixed AiProtection GUI bugs.
- [GUI] Updated OpenVPN server FAQ URL.

So Merlin got the GPL for 21140 and implemented in 384.7?
Wow. Thanks my friend.

Yes. It appears he merged 21140 according to his github commits.

Could you upload shared/bcmwifi_channels.h :D?

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ find . -name "bcmwifi_channels.h"
./release/src-rt-6.x.4708/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/4365/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/main/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h

@RMerlin
Do you know something about the new 386 factory firmware? When it comes, what new features contains?
Thanks!

I don't have any information to share about future Asuswrt releases, sorry.

Based on the file name of the alpha1 build (xxx_alpha1-g192753589), the firmware should have been updated to the latest commit (as of now).

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/1927535894a6d4c6df905feec7597fc5029c5738

Seems like GPL 21140 and binaries for AC86U, AC3100, AC5300, AC68U and AC88U) are merged and httpd kludges that are not necessary were removed.

Not sure about AC88U though.

The AC88U build was compiled before the merge of the other SDK/blobs (I was doing a test compile for it while working on the other merges).

The one thing I have noticed, is the bandwidth monitor is not showing any BW beening used. As I am typing I am downloading a ps4 game plus using netflix and it shows no gages moving back and forth like it use to with last fw?? Anyone else have this issue.

And yes did clean install, other than that it works fine for me.

My AC3100 on 384.6 Final is working perfectly, and "QOS WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" shows each individual device perfectly when uploading or downloading (30+ devices).

If you need to use any of the features tied to these, you have to accept them. The agreement was added by Asus due to new European laws.
So this was stuff they were doing all along. Just because of EU laws they now have to tell you they are doing it and given the option to decline it.

That is my understanding.

Flashed from .5. No issues at first. But after 10 min or so I can now no longer log into the router from the web. Internet is fine though.

SSHing in and rebooting httpd allowed me access. Now to figure out why...

EDIT: Seems it is the issue reported in other posts. Having DNSSEC turned on when using the dnscrypt proxy. Specifically the fact 1.1.1.1 only supports dnscrypt and not dnssec.

Last edited:
So this was stuff they were doing all along. Just because of EU laws they now have to tell you they are doing it and given the option to decline it.

That is my understanding.

You already had to accept a EULA when enabling a Trend Micro-related feature. They added a second EULA for stuff covering their own services, re-requested a second time your acceptance of the Trend Micro EULA, and added an option to request to go back on your original EULA acceptance.

I have a couple of RT-AC68U currently running 384.5. downloaded and tried to update to 384.6 but even though it seems to go through without a reported error, it shows 384.5 after the progress bar ends. So it doesnt seem its doing anything. I attempted to reset the settings to default and then try to update the firmware but still no go.

I am out of ideas. Both units are unable to update to the latest 384.6. Anybody else is experiencing this. Possible ideas?

I have a couple of RT-AC68U currently running 384.5. downloaded and tried to update to 384.6 but even though it seems to go through without a reported error, it shows 384.5 after the progress bar ends. So it doesnt seem its doing anything. I attempted to reset the settings to default and then try to update the firmware but still no go.

I am out of ideas. Both units are unable to update to the latest 384.6. Anybody else is experiencing this. Possible ideas?
First question: Are they really TM-AC1900's converted?

ac87u.jpg

Hello good, I have a failure in 384.6 what happens to me that every time it is turned off either the xbox or the pc, the router loses connection. I installed the asus firmware and it does not happen, someone could know what is due.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ find . -name "bcmwifi_channels.h"
./release/src-rt-6.x.4708/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/4365/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/broadcom/net/wl/impl51/main/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h
./release/src-rt-7.x.main/src/shared/bcmwifi/include/bcmwifi_channels.h

it was fine with clean build, sorry.

First question: Are they really TM-AC1900's converted?
Ive got the same problem. It seems like the update is running through, but afterwards it's still on 384.5. mine is a T-Mobile router that I've converted. But it worked fine for the past 10 updates or so.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!