What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a couple of RT-AC68U currently running 384.5. downloaded and tried to update to 384.6 but even though it seems to go through without a reported error, it shows 384.5 after the progress bar ends. So it doesnt seem its doing anything.
Possible ideas?
Ive got the same problem. It seems like the update is running through, but afterwards it's still on 384.5. mine is a T-Mobile router that I've converted. But it worked fine for the past 10 updates or so.
Read post #110

Has there been any discussion about methods how to? Sorry, cant see any such posting. To tell poeple that they wont get support here in this forum is just polite.

Has there been any discussion about methods how to? Sorry, cant see any such posting. To tell poeple that they wont get support here in this forum is just polite.

You are on a daily basis telling people how to get round the issue by telling them it is possible if they search or they can find hints on the forum.

Mr.Higgins' post is quite clear .

Has anyone been able to configure their RT-AC5300 with Merlin 384.6 to work with NordVPN? If so, are you happy with the speeds you are getting? Would you be willing to share your configuration setup?

I am not getting the speeds I am looking for despite tweaking the settings multiple times.

Appreciate any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, yes you are right, but then Asus did release the code :)
The installable firmware is available, but not the source code required by Merlin to release an update for the RT-AC87U. It may be a few weeks before the source code is available which means the next release from Merlin should have an update for your router.

Just updated my AC-3200 from 384.3 and the wireless and everything else seems to be running butter smooth! (I had some wireless issues on 384.4 builds and was hesitant to upgrade recently)
Hi, I was wondering if you did hard reset or thing just worked after the flush? Thanks.

384.7 alpha 1 has been running fine for a day and all is solid. If you’re adventurous and have run alpha’s before, I believe it’s worth a try. Just back up your current 384.6 configuration. :)

It works smoothly!

The UI language in RT-AC86U has been changed from Spanish to Chinese automatically and I can choose between Chinese or English only, anyway I prefer English and it seems to be OK with that language :)

Congrats & thx Eric!

It works smoothly!

The UI language in RT-AC86U has been changed from Spanish to Chinese automatically and I can choose between Chinese or English only, anyway I prefer English and it seems to be OK with that language :)

Congrats & thx Eric!
Thats caused by Asus with 21140 and so same with Merlins 384.7.
Got same problem, do you have the chinese 86U model too?
If you install download master and open it you will still see all languages for that app.

384_7a1 running smooth on 68U here (only in AP, tho easy task)!

Last edited:
384_7a1 running smooth on 68U here (only in AP, so easy task)!
I do not understand why people use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is their router, if they will use it as AP or Media Bridge mode, I am 100% sure that the stock firmware will give better results.

I only use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware when I use router in Wireless router mode, because it's a million times better than Stock Firmware and in my other routers leave the Stock firmware because I use Repeater, AP (AiMesh) or Media Bridge mode.

Last edited:
I do not understand why people use Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is their router, if they will use it as AP or Media Bridge mode
just temporarily if update will run into any troubles to report back:p
But even as AP there are some features from Merlin (e.g. temps) and some others or resolved bugs from stock.
In the past hide guest SSID was not possible but with merlin and SSH worked!

The installable firmware is available, but not the source code required by Merlin to release an update for the RT-AC87U. It may be a few weeks before the source code is available which means the next release from Merlin should have an update for your router.
Thank you for your answer, that cleared my doubt.

I want to update because I’m having numerous problems with PPPoe and sudden disconnections, I’ve been told from a friend that 386 fixes that

One reason I bought this router was for the Game Boost. You telling me WTFast has never worked on this router?!? ASUS advertises this router with WTFast...

I'm from Australia so I need the boost cause most servers are in the US.

Have a look at Mudfish worked way better than WTFast when it worked and a lot cheaper.

I’ve been told from a friend that 386 fixes that
Has anybody here ever seen a 386-firmware, how could this fix anything if not existing?
Or does your friend work for asus and got a pretest-version?
Or do you just mean 384.6?

Last edited:
A few days ago I updated my AC68u from 384.5 to 384.6 and it works OK,
but today I updated my other 68u that I have in bridge mode and it does not work.

I have returned to 384.5 and again the bridge works.

The main router is at 384.6.

A few days ago I updated my AC68u from 384.5 to 384.6 and it works OK,
but today I updated my other 68u that I have in bridge mode and it does not work.

I have returned to 384.5 and again the bridge works.

The main router is at 384.6.

What about it didn't work in bridge mode can you post more details.

Or do you mean the update failed on it?

Has anybody here ever seen a 386-firmware, how could this fix anything if not existing?
Or does your friend work for asus and got a pretest-version?
Or do you just mean 384.6?
Yes, you're right, 384.6. I must remember not posting while having a beer. Thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!