What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that kinda goes back to the first page of this thread.

Is there any "sure fire" way to tell if data going through the router gets classified as Unidentified? Like fire up a game then look at something through SSH to maybe find out what its calling that data?

Or some way to look inside that definition file?

It doesn't make a difference for your statement but we are using ash not bash.

Vexira just multiply by 90 then divide by 100 using the expr command. It will truncate the floating point. Problem solved.

If you can't figure it out, I'll send u an updated version
I'm trying to work out what to change in the script to get that to work. now I have a massive headache, because I can for see there will be some rounding required to get the values in to an acceptable range.

Is there a way to have the upload/download amount adjusted automatically based on time of day? My download speed can be greatly reduced during peak times.
Thanks

Hi, I use a raspberry pi to run a scheduled speedtest, these figures are then put into nvram (up and down figures are reduced to 98% using bc which is installed via optware) and then the FreshJR script is run. If you want static values at scheduled times for your up and down rates, just update the nvram variables accordingly and run the FreshJR script.

This can be done using scheduled scripts or manually kicked off.

Hi, I use a raspberry pi to run a scheduled speedtest, these figures are then put into nvram (up and down figures are reduced to 98% using bc which is installed via optware) and then the FreshJR script is run. If you want static values at scheduled times for your up and down rates, just update the nvram variables accordingly and run the FreshJR script.

This can be done using scheduled scripts or manually kicked off.
That sounds like an idea, could you let me know the nvram commands for updating the upload and download please.

Here is the bit of my script that updates my up and down rates from the text files produced by the speedtest:

nvram set qos_obw=$speedup
nvram set qos_ibw=$speeddown
nvram commit

Change the variables to the numbers you want.

Here is the bit of my script that updates my up and down rates from the text files produced by the speedtest:

nvram set qos_obw=$speedup
nvram set qos_ibw=$speeddown
nvram commit

Change the variables to the numbers you want.
Do you know how to read back what a specific nvram value is currently?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If you just type in nvram and press enter it will give you all available options. To read a value replace set with get and remove the = part.

Will this script still work with Merlin's new 382.** firmwares?
I was just wondering the same. I don't think i want to go back to a world without this script unless Asus fixes the issue in newer firmwares.

cant see why it wouldn't, I'm running it on the new 382, seems to work for me, may need an update possibly.

I tried it and it didnt seem to be working. Lots of data going through the "default" queue. Log showed firewall rules being applied though. Have to try installing it again maybe.
Using AC88U with 382 beta1

I tried it and it didnt seem to be working. Lots of data going through the "default" queue. Log showed firewall rules being applied though. Have to try installing it again maybe.
Using AC88U with 382 beta1
did you factory reset?

Yes, but I didnt select the create new jffs on restart button either. Wonder if that messed it up.
Try unplugging power plug. Don't do create new if you have other scripts in the jffs. I only factory reset on fresh installs or if something gets really hosed up.
Refreshing power can fix a lot of problems.

Any idea how to make the (adaptive) QoS working for the traffic routed through the TUN Interface? All my router clients connect using OpenVPN (TUN Interface), none of them are connecting directly to Internet/WAN.
Thank you!

do
Any idea how to make the (adaptive) QoS working for the traffic routed through the TUN Interface? All my router clients connect using OpenVPN (TUN Interface), none of them are connecting directly to Internet/WAN.
Thank you!
you know the port number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!