What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please post the exact output.
upload_2019-5-11_10-15-7.png

I tried to delete "firewall" in the jffs-folder. But after a restart it´s again there.

View attachment 17572

I tried to delete "firewall" in the jffs-folder. But after a restart it´s again there.

The issue is with your NTP setup, after 5 minutes Skynet will post an error saying "[*] NTP Failed To Start After 5 Minutes - Please Fix Immediately!".

Also its never a good idea to manually delete Skynet files, use the commands available in the readme.

You can't use a service if you refuse to send the data required to use that service...

"I'm visiting a website. I refuse to tell you what website that is. Can you tell me if that website is safe to visit?"

This is basically what you are asking for.

Spot on, Ive given up. I was a regular at https://privacytools.io and https://reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO

While I think taking measures to keep as private as you can is good, you lose a lot of services like AiProtection, google, Facebook and so on.

Lose Facebook? YES!
Lose AIProtection or Google? No thanks.

I don't use social media nor Google. And only use parts of AiProtection. I can't stand Google's business model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't use social media nor Google. And only use parts of AiProtection. I can't stand Google's business model.

Out of interest, which search engine do you use? I guess it’s just what you’re used to: I’m sure if I’d been using Bing or duckduckgo fo years, I’d find Google impossible to stick with.

Out of interest, which search engine do you use? I guess it’s just what you’re used to: I’m sure if I’d been using Bing or duckduckgo fo years, I’d find Google impossible to stick with.

I use searx.me, startpage (which does use google), qwant, and DDG. But the one I use consistently is https://search.privacytools.io you can tweak all the settings in preferences. Its the best meta-search engine Ive used.

Thank you! All new to me, but the conversion process has already begun.

Going the privacy way you do lose some convenience ... for example ... Google is hands down the best search engine there is. But using startpage.com is a good compromise.

But as you, and everyone here, realizes complete anonymity for daily use of the internet is probably impossible. I just like trying to minimize data collection as a bit of an enthusiast.

I use little snitch on my iMac and there is just so much data being sent out, and god knows what is leaving in those https connections. Thats why I prefer Open Source apps.

Going the privacy way you do lose some convenience ... for example ... Google is hands down the best search engine there is. But using startpage.com is a good compromise.

But as you, and everyone here, realizes complete anonymity for daily use of the internet is probably impossible. I just like trying to minimize data collection as a bit of an enthusiast.

I use little snitch on my iMac and there is just so much data being sent out, and god knows what is leaving in those https connections. Thats why I prefer Open Source apps.
Open source is not necessarily better - you'd still have to review the code / trust others have themselves with the same privacy concerns in mind

Open source is not necessarily better - you'd still have to review the code / trust others have themselves with the same privacy concerns in mind

That's true.

The more I learn about privacy/security the more questions I end up having. And there's so much misinformation out there.

Trust is probably the weakest link to having assurance of privacy online.

Someone have a suggestion for an additional filters list for this great firewall? where can I find more filter lists which work on Skynet?

Someone have a suggestion for an additional filters list for this great firewall? where can I find more filter lists which work on Skynet?

Hey, Im not sure if this helps but here are a heap of filter lists, https://filterlists.com ... maybe someone could shed some light on whether some of these are compatible lists.

Why do you feel the need to add more lists? Are you sure that will make you more secure....or will it just force you to do more manual whitelisting due to so many common sites not resolving?
More is not always better...

Why do you feel the need to add more lists? Are you sure that will make you more secure....or will it just force you to do more manual whitelisting due to so many common sites not resolving?
More is not always better...

Yeah, having to whitelist large numbers of sites is definitely not what you want. I got over enthusiastic when I first used Skynet and ran into that problem.

What is the best way to manually remove Skynet and not through amtm or skynet's menu that won't load. Some corruption so I will have to reinstall it.

is it better just to format jffs partition?

What is the best way to manually remove Skynet and not through amtm or skynet's menu that won't load. Some corruption so I will have to reinstall it.

is it better just to format jffs partition?

While I didn't have the same issue as yourself, I just reformatted and re-installed.

edit: oops misunderstood