What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can someone tell me the way to block Skype and zoom video audio calls via skynet firewall?

I think you would need to know the domain names or ip address if you want to block these from skynet.

It can also be done at the port level but Skype is self aware lol and will use 80-443.

"Skype assigns itself a random TCP port number between 1024 and 65535 when it is installed and it uses this port to communicate through your router. Skype also has a setting that enables it to use ports 80 and 443 -- the ports used for Web browsing -- in the event that its assigned port becomes unavailable."

The next question is why are you trying to prevent someone from using this on your Lan?

Last edited:
I think you would need to know the domain names or ip address if you want to block these from skynet.

It can also be done at the port level but Skype is self aware lol and will use 80-443.

"Skype assigns itself a random TCP port number between 1024 and 65535 when it is installed and it uses this port to communicate through your router. Skype also has a setting that enables it to use ports 80 and 443 -- the ports used for Web browsing -- in the event that its assigned port becomes unavailable."

The next question is why are you trying to prevent someone from using this on your Lan?
Good question, kids wasting alot of time on Skype zoom calls with friends, just want to limit them and don't let them take over advantage of this covid-19 and focus on something informative :D rather than stupid day long calls

@Adamm can you please clarify this question on blocking and logging. If on chooses not to enable Inbound logging (Menu 11, 4) does that stop Inbound blocking? Thank you.

Logging = Logging, nothing else. If you only want selective blocking there's a different setting for that.

Logging = Logging, nothing else. If you only want selective blocking there's a different setting for that.

But the menu option he is referring to, is worded as follows:

[4] --> Filter Traffic | [all]

"Filter traffic" implies packet filtering, not logging

This is going to be alot of work, and not the 5 mins fix I think he is looking for.

I think he is better off attacking this at the parental level than technical level.

This is going to be alot of work, and not the 5 mins fix I think he is looking for.

I think he is better off attacking this at the parental level than technical level.
That's a very good idea and simple, at least by theoretically
I'll set parental control for internet telephony and i hope it works as expected
Thanks for help :)

just want to limit them and don't let them take over advantage of this covid-19
Recommendation:
Code:
#Explain to kid the importance of work/play balance.
#Contract to limit "wasteful" activities to X hours.
     if  educational activity=acceptable
   then skype permission=okay
end
Hey my first script!(alpha)

Just thought I would share my country ban list. I set it up so only US, Thailand and Vietnam are authorized, feel free to adjust accordingly.

Code:
AD    AE    AF    AG    AI    AL    AM    AO    AQ    AR    AS    AT    AU    AW    AX    AZ    BA    BB    BD    BE    BF    BG    BH    BI    BJ    BL    BM    BN    BO    BQ    BR    BS    BT    BV    BW    BY    BZ    CA    CC    CD    CF    CG    CH    CI    CK    CL    CM    CN    CO    CR    CU    CV    CW    CX    CY    CZ    DE    DJ    DK    DM    DO    DZ    EC    EE    EG    EH    ER    ES    ET    FI    FJ    FK    FM    FO    FR    GA    GB    GD    GE    GF    GG    GH    GI    GL    GM    GN    GP    GQ    GR    GS    GT    GU    GW    GY    HK    HM    HN    HR    HT    HU    ID    IE    IL    IM    IN    IO    IQ    IR    IS    IT    JE    JM    JO    JP    KE    KG    KH    KI    KM    KN    KP    KR    KW    KY    KZ    LA    LB    LC    LI    LK    LR    LS    LT    LU    LV    LY    MA    MC    MD    ME    MF    MG    MH    MK    ML    MM    MN    MO    MP    MQ    MR    MS    MT    MU    MV    MW    MX    MY    MZ    NA    NC    NE    NF    NG    NI    NL    NO    NP    NR    NU    NZ    OM    PA    PE    PF    PG    PH    PK    PL    PM    PN    PR    PS    PT    PW    PY    QA    RE    RO    RS    RU    RW    SA    SB    SC    SD    SE    SG    SH    SI    SJ    SK    SL    SM    SN    SO    SR    SS    ST    SV    SX    SY    SZ    TC    TD    TF    TG    TJ    TK    TL    TM    TN    TO    TR    TT    TV    TW    TZ    UA    UG    UM    UY    UZ    VA    VC    VE    VG    VI    VU    WF    WS    YE    YT    ZA    ZM    ZW

Just thought I would share my country ban list. I set it up so only US, Thailand and Vietnam are authorized, feel free to adjust accordingly.

Code:
AD    AE    AF    AG    AI    AL    AM    AO    AQ    AR    AS    AT    AU    AW    AX    AZ    BA    BB    BD    BE    BF    BG    BH    BI    BJ    BL    BM    BN    BO    BQ    BR    BS    BT    BV    BW    BY    BZ    CA    CC    CD    CF    CG    CH    CI    CK    CL    CM    CN    CO    CR    CU    CV    CW    CX    CY    CZ    DE    DJ    DK    DM    DO    DZ    EC    EE    EG    EH    ER    ES    ET    FI    FJ    FK    FM    FO    FR    GA    GB    GD    GE    GF    GG    GH    GI    GL    GM    GN    GP    GQ    GR    GS    GT    GU    GW    GY    HK    HM    HN    HR    HT    HU    ID    IE    IL    IM    IN    IO    IQ    IR    IS    IT    JE    JM    JO    JP    KE    KG    KH    KI    KM    KN    KP    KR    KW    KY    KZ    LA    LB    LC    LI    LK    LR    LS    LT    LU    LV    LY    MA    MC    MD    ME    MF    MG    MH    MK    ML    MM    MN    MO    MP    MQ    MR    MS    MT    MU    MV    MW    MX    MY    MZ    NA    NC    NE    NF    NG    NI    NL    NO    NP    NR    NU    NZ    OM    PA    PE    PF    PG    PH    PK    PL    PM    PN    PR    PS    PT    PW    PY    QA    RE    RO    RS    RU    RW    SA    SB    SC    SD    SE    SG    SH    SI    SJ    SK    SL    SM    SN    SO    SR    SS    ST    SV    SX    SY    SZ    TC    TD    TF    TG    TJ    TK    TL    TM    TN    TO    TR    TT    TV    TW    TZ    UA    UG    UM    UY    UZ    VA    VC    VE    VG    VI    VU    WF    WS    YE    YT    ZA    ZM    ZW
Dude, this is going to kill a lot of internet services. You can't even update the blocking lists anymore.

I didn't know that, why would it be blocked? I thought the blocking lists were coming from a US website, one that @Adamm quoted on the first page.
alienvault is hosted in the U.S., but others are hosted elsewhere. I.e. Diversion is updating from Switzerland (.ch) and some lists from the Netherlands.

Dude, this is going to kill a lot of internet services. You can't even update the blocking lists anymore.

no kidding, it's a horrible idea... even Canada is blocked (!) ... I feel like when people post things like that, they're spreading borderline "misinformation"!

Edit: www.asuswrt-merlin.net is hosted in Canada, so that guy can't even update his router firmware LOL

no kidding, it's a horrible idea... even Canada is blocked (!) ... I feel like when people post things like that, they're spreading borderline "misinformation"!

Edit: www.asuswrt-merlin.net is hosted in Canada, so that guy can't even update his router firmware LOL

yup people are over doing it with the country blocks without understanding what they are doing.

Even Merlin said it himself the router firewall blocks all of that stuff so there is no need to have these huge list.

Last edited:
Can't access Skynet to update to v7.1.5. I get this error below. Any idea how to fix this?

Use the command in the first post to redownload Skynet, not sure what you could have done to cause that o_O