What's new

Roaming on XT8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

massaquah

Occasional Visitor
Has anoyone else encountered issues regarding roaming?
I tried the latest RC as well as the most recent official firmware but always after a couple of hours or a few days my OnePlus 8 Pro gets "sticky" and stops roaming between my two XT8 nodes.
I tried every combination of roaming assistant, agile multiband, smart connect, beamforming etc. but didn't notice any positive effect.
I had an Orbi RBK50 before and everything did work. So I am hesitant to blame my phone.....

Has anoyone else encountered issues regarding roaming?
I tried the latest RC as well as the most recent official firmware but always after a couple of hours or a few days my OnePlus 8 Pro gets "sticky" and stops roaming between my two XT8 nodes.
I tried every combination of roaming assistant, agile multiband, smart connect, beamforming etc. but didn't notice any positive effect.
I had an Orbi RBK50 before and everything did work. So I am hesitant to blame my phone.....
Have you tried setting the option on your phone to use the device MAC address rather than a randomised one? If not might be worth a try.

I think you need to do trial and error the RSSI value in Smart Connect rule..

DSC_04930.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!