What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I have an question since someone brought up the XBox. I just got an XBOX One X, (previously had an XBOX One (original) and I wanted to transfer the data between the two. There is a network transfer option which I used, but my max transfer rate was 290 megs per sec. Now the question is, was my limitation because of the XBOX transfer rate or my router setup. Just a little information on the setup. Because of my setup/location, I have 1 network cable coming out of the GT5300 and it goes into an ASUS GX-D1081 V3 switch. From the switch a network cable is run through the wall to where my Xbox's are setup. A network cable goes from the wall to a smaller TrendNet 5 port switch and then a network cable was run to each Xbox. The lights on the switch showed I had a Gigabit Connection for both Xboxes.

Any ideas about the transfer rate?
could be a lot of different things. Are you using an external HDD on your Xbox? could just be a bottleneck there.

My router is GT-AC5300 firmware 9.0.0.4.382_19612. I have 25 attached devices. Is anyone able to rename the MAC id's to names in the network map? I can usallly add 21 but not the additional names. Also when I reboot the router my QOS settings reset to factory. I use the traditional QOS settings and add devices that need more priority than default. once I reboot the router it goes back to the original 4 rules and deletes the rules I add. I noticed this behavior with 19484 too. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

So when my Xbox is connected to either of the gaming ports and it’s in instant-on mode. This is what starts happening in the log when I turn the Xbox off but stops once I turn it on again:

Jan 5 16:22:38 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Jan 5 16:22:41 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Jan 5 16:23:21 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Jan 5 16:23:24 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Jan 5 16:23:26 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Jan 5 16:23:30 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex
Jan 5 16:23:32 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Jan 5 16:23:35 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 10 mbps full duplex
Jan 5 16:30:16 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link DOWN.
Jan 5 16:30:19 kernel: eth2 (Ext switch port: 1) (Logical Port: 9) Link UP 1000 mbps full duplex

Any ideas why this is happening?

Any ideas why this is happening?

When dealing with such port flapping, the first thing I recommend is swapping the Ethernet cable. Make sure it's a quality Cat 5e or higher (some cheap Cat 5e are really older Cat 5 in disguise).

Could also possibly be some weird power management support on Microsoft's part.

When dealing with such port flapping, the first thing I recommend is swapping the Ethernet cable. Make sure it's a quality Cat 5e or higher (some cheap Cat 5e are really older Cat 5 in disguise).

Could also possibly be some weird power management support on Microsoft's part.

I’ll try that suggestion, I’m currently using some flat cat6 cable that was cheap so it’s probably low quality.

I know to PS4 I had to switch to a high quality Cat6 I had a cheap Cat5e and was having problem got a High Quality Cat6 have not had any problems since from port 1 or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know to PS4 I had to switch to a high quality Cat6 I had a cheap Cat5e and was having problem got a High Quality Cat6 have not had any problems since from port 1 or 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good that gives me hope because it’s driving me nuts. Anything in particular to look for with regard to high quality?

Just an update, changing out all my cables didn’t fix the problem. Port flapping is still occurring on either gaming port 1 or 2. Tried it with a second Xbox to make sure it wasn’t a bad port on the primary Xbox and it still does it. It’s driving me crazy, especially knowing others are not having this problem.

Just an update, changing out all my cables didn’t fix the problem. Port flapping is still occurring on either gaming port 1 or 2. Tried it with a second Xbox to make sure it wasn’t a bad port on the primary Xbox and it still does it. It’s driving me crazy, especially knowing others are not having this problem.

I have almost the same issue on PC see my post

I also have issues on Port 1 connected at my computer, if my computer is on and connected at port 1 and i turn off my pc the router reboots the wan connection, if i`m connected at any non game port this does not happen at all

Yeah same here it only has issues on ports 1 and 2. I know the easy fix is to just not use those ports but then I’m not getting to use the port priority function and it doesn’t address the underlying problem, whatever it is.

Yeah same here it only has issues on ports 1 and 2. I know the easy fix is to just not use those ports but then I’m not getting to use the port priority function and it doesn’t address the underlying problem, whatever it is.
Yep, i would like to use the ports as well but for me now it`s impossible, everytime that i turn the pc off my wan goes down and if someone is watching a movie at apple tv or something like that it`s a mess, asus have to adress this

When you say latest firmware, which do you mean exactly? The one from August on the ASUS website or one of the betas?

Has anyone had any luck with with the Gaming ports using an Xbox One? Whenever I try to use them, my log file floods with “link up, link down” messages every couple seconds over and over non stop after putting the Xbox in standby mode. The messages stop once I turn it on again, but I can’t tell if this port is hurting my gaming performance or not. It could be placebo, but things always seem worse when using those ports so I switch back to a non-gaming port.
I use this firmware, Version 3.0.0.4.382.15984, I’ve not seen any of the other firmwares got this from their website and works fine

That link reads like it was paid advertising, lol. Not taking anything away from the router, i'm just saying.

Do you use it with an Xbox One? If so, what model original, S, X? Also what firmware is your Xbox on if you have one?
Yep use it with Xbox one x ,not checked firmware on Xbox but should be latest as have it set to auto update,also ps4 pro is in port 1 and X is in port 2 and is fine ,I am in Uk and use a draytek vigor 130 as my modem as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!