What's new

Router Issue RT AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Max142

Occasional Visitor
Used in a residential setting and been working fine except for usual blips now & then.
Quest 1. When manually assigning IP Address to new device i received error message.. No room on list shorten name or delete entries to add new. It says limit is 128 and I am at about 75 entries. Here are some of my settings: Firmware Asus/Merlin 384.19...Under p0ersistant JFFS@ Part...Format No...Enable Custom..No.. On backing up this JFFS Partition file size is 37.4 MB... I have Port forwarded 34 Ports. Mac Filter over the One 2.4 & Two.. 5GH is approx 60 entries...... I realize that there is an upgrade available for the firmware. ......Is there something about this partition I am not doing and should be.....QUEST 2> if I upgrade the firmware will i need to to a hard reset and spend the next 2 hours of my life re-entering my settings.( I understand that using a backup is a no no on upgrades). I am not into aggravation as the router works great right now except for the manual assignment capacity seems to be reached at an early stage. Thanks Dave

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!