What's new

Asus Router Latency issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

johnkwok

New Around Here
image show network speed before and after plug with router, it can run but i am facing some web page frozen issue, i guess it is cause by latency, any suggest what i can do, router was hook with 1 nextcloud server and 3 home computer

you can find the image with 90mb speed was test after install router, and latency was over 150ms

thank for any advise !

Attachments

• IMG-20230825-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230825-WA0003.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG-20230825-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230825-WA0001.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 99
it's not clear, this problem started when you installed a new asus router? What device we are talking about? Have you tried to update software? We are missing key info ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @johnkwok.

This is a very old router if it can run firmware level 384.18. I'm not surprised it isn't a good fit for a modern ISP.

What router model is this (be specific), and what is the latest firmware for it? Have you tried that yet?

If you are able to flash it to 386.xx or later, be sure you do a full reset and don't use any old backup config files to test it properly.

Judging by the ancient firmware on it though, it may be time to get another router instead.

You should also delete or edit the first image as it has your public IP and other personal information too.

Okay, how long was the cable that it made a difference?

Either way, you shouldn't be running that firmware on an internet-facing router today. Your network security is at risk if you do.

Okay, how long was the cable that it made a difference?

Either way, you shouldn't be running that firmware on an internet-facing router today. Your network security is at risk if you do.
Any more than 1 feet will cause problem, thank you, just personal photo, hacking my server just totally waste of time

Welcome to the forums @johnkwok.

This is a very old router if it can run firmware level 384.18. I'm not surprised it isn't a good fit for a modern ISP.

What router model is this (be specific), and what is the latest firmware for it? Have you tried that yet?

If you are able to flash it to 386.xx or later, be sure you do a full reset and don't use any old backup config files to test it properly.

Judging by the ancient firmware on it though, it may be time to get another router instead.

You should also delete or edit the first image as it has your public IP and other personal information too.
Thank you, bro

If an Ethernet cable longer than 1 foot causes issues, the problems may be more extensive than the cable length.

And you may think that hacking your server is a waste of time. The hacker though has better ideas you may not have thought of.

If an Ethernet cable longer than 1 foot causes issues, the problems may be more extensive than the cable length.

And you may think that hacking your server is a waste of time. The hacker though has better ideas you may not have thought of.
D

Key point not only the cable, it is fiber modem, not a home computer, I agree with you, shouldn't expose ip and thank I had remove it

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!