What's new

RT-AC3200 intermittent internet dropout.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

01UkAtO

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AC3200 running merlin 384.13_8 and for the last 6 months or so i have been experiencing random intermittent internet dropouts. It can happen anywhere from a month to 2 days. Restarting fixes the issue, But i run servers so the dropouts are a problem. the sys log just shows normal dhcp and wireless channel swapping messages. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I would update to the latest version available and if the issues are still there, perform a full reset to factory defaults.

I had simular issues with my RT-AC3200. Could you please look at the temperatures? Mine was running very hot and this caused resets and stability issues.
I have now switched router to a RT-AX88U.

After flashing the newest update and factory resetting my router, just 1 week later i get a dropout. The log shows nothing except the boot sequence.

Do you simply get no internet, or is the whole router unreachable?

I have had internet disconnect issues (with router ui still reachable) ever since the code base changed, admittedly less frequent with the latest fw. A reboot or simply disabling/enabling WAN would resolve the issue.

What's worse is that I have frequent lockups with latest fw where webui and ssh are unreachable. This happens almost every week.

My device would operate around 70c, a while back I actually installed a fan under it to ensure it never get overheated and now current temperatures are stable: 43 °C - 44 °C - 53 °C

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!