What's new

RT-AC3200 JFFS not formatting on reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dfects

Occasional Visitor
As recommended, been trying to format the JFFS partition on my RT-AC3200 without much look. I SSH'd in and created a new file on the partition to check it was removed. Then have ticked the format JFFS on reboot option. Rebooted twice, ssh'd back in and the file is still there in the /JFFS directory?

On the first boot, the JJFS directory is empty. Second boot, its got the file back? Seems a bit odd.

Am I doing something wrong?

I just did another initilize and that file is gone, so guessing that's wiped it anyway? Still, be interesting to know where I was going wrong.

So i've done a bit more playing around. I've had it format once, but then it won't again. This is using 384.4_2

1. Initliased, enabled ssh
  2. Wrote a file to /JFSS/scripts/test
  3. Enabled custom scripts, set format JFFS at next boot
  4. Rebooted
  5. ssh'd in, /JFFS is empty
  6. Rebooted
  7. ssh'd in, /JFFS/scripts in there and empty so the test file is gone (success)
  8. Wrote a file to /JFSS/scripts/test
  9. set format JFFS at next boot
  10. Rebooted
  11. ssh'd in, /JFFS is empty
  12. Rebooted
  13. ssh'd in, /JFFS/scripts is there and so is the test file!? (failed)
  14. Rebooted
  15. ssh'd in, /JFFS is empty
  16. Rebooted
  17. ssh'd in, /JFFS/scripts is there and so is the test file!? (failed)
  18. Initialized
  19. ssh'd in and /JFFS/scripts is there but the test file is gone

Confused at this point, not sure why it worked the first time, not the second or third. I'm guessing Initialize formats this partition too? So either way I'm safe now if anyone did anything dodgy in there but still not sure whats going wrong.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!