What's new

RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_21045

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Grisu

Part of the Furniture
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438421045.zip

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_21045
- Release Note -

Bug fixed and Improvements:
- Modifid the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptove QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port formwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extenstion channel sync issue.

AiMesh Guest-WiFi not working on my RT-AC68U-node both on 21045.
Loose WiFi connection after some time or sleep/resume and must reconnect again.

Missing USB3.0 interference reduction!!! What is it now by default 2.0 or 3.0?
UPDATE:
USB3 interference is now handled in USB3.0 icon on start-overview page.
Only visible if something is connected to the USB3.0-port. Default seems to be USB2.0 downgrade.

For me RT-AC86U chinese/international version with changeable region setting still the problem that WiFi settings dont apply, even a reboot didnt change anything this time, not SSID, not channel, not bandwith, not guest-SSIDs.
Had to turn off and on again one WiFi to get them applied.
First after update and initialize I login and change language to mine and default (Chine) region to Asia.

Someone here who got the same issue or can test this behavior on his unit???

Last edited:
For me RT-AC86U chinese/international version with changeable region setting still the problem that WiFi settings dont apply, even a reboot didnt change anything, not SSID, not chanel, not bandwith, not guest-SSIDs.
Had to turn off and on again one WiFi to get them applied.
First after update and initialize I login and change language to mine and default (Chine) region to Asia.

Somebody here who got the same issue or can test this behavior on his unit???

Grisu,

I am just helping a friend setup ASUS AiMesh:
  • AiMesh Router: RT- AC86U (Upgrade from 3.0.0.4.384_20942 to 3.0.0.4.384_21045)
  • AiMesh Node: RT-AC5300 (Current FW 3.0.0.4.384_20942)
I use the GUI to upgrade the firmware of RT- AC86U (from 3.0.0.4.384_20942 to 21045). My Wireless Region setting is Asia(Default). I am sorry to tell you that I do not have the problem that you experience ;).

Let me know if you have anything that you want to compare, before, I relocate this setup to my friend's home.

Let me know if you have anything that you want to compare, before, I relocate this setup to my friend's home.
Thanks, so I have to wait for maybe others with same problem.

Can you change your region settings in prof.-wireless tab (for lets say US, EU, Australia) and which default language is set after factory restore?

Two firmware releases in the span of a bit more than a week is pretty interesting.

Two firmware releases in the span of a bit more than a week is pretty interesting.
Relatively new to ASUS routers and still not used to these monthly updates, in this case two updates within one week. Old school really as one or two firmware update per year is what used to be the norm. Unless the security fixes are so critical to necessitate frequent updates??

Last edited:
Relatively new to ASUS routers and still not used to these monthly updates, in this case two updates within one week. Old school really as one or two firmware update per year is what used to be the norm. Unless the security fixes are so critical to necessitate frequent updates??

It is a couple of things and maybe more.

• The AiMesh rollout is requiring new f/w's as bugs are discovered.
  • They are updating for protection against vpnFilter, possibly.

what is your problem ?
No actualisations - bad, have actualizations - bad

So got same RT-AC86U again and this unit changes WiFi settings the next seconds after apply.

Then loaded old (factory) firmware 16466 on bad router and - surprise - channels changed immediatlay after apply on this one too !!!

So definitely not a hardware but only software problem, back on 21045 and it doesnt change any more, other router fine with both firmwares.

Something must be different and cannot be cleaned with factory and initialize, maybe a bad cfe value out of factory, but we cannot change or correct them as encrypted!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!