What's new

RT-AC86U: IPTraffic (monitoring per device) option missing in RT-AC86U_384.3_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

crazyea

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

I have always monitored my traffic on my old RT-AC3200 using Merlin's firmware.

Yesterday I bought a new RT-AC86U, flashed to the latest Merlin firmware (RT-AC86U_384.3_0) and now the option to enable IPTraffic (monitoring per device) is missing under Tools/Settings.

Is this normal or is something awry?

Please help.

Attachments

• traffic monitor.JPG
    traffic monitor.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 751
the option to enable IPTraffic (monitoring per device) is missing under Tools/Settings.

Is this normal or is something awry?
Normal...IPTraffic isn't supported by the newer kernel of the AC86

Do you know if functionality may return at some point or is it gone for good. I mean I can still see most of the info under statistic but IPTraffic was a better layout for me.

I guess it doesn't matter as much anymore now that I have unlimited internet, but it sure was helpful the last few years trying to figure out which kid was using all the data I had. LOL

I don't support the GT-AC5300.

Well that settles that then.

If there is code built into the rt-ac86u that allows for the Traffic Analyzer - Statistic page would it be possible to create a page in a similar fashion to what what IPTraffic did? Or is it not even an afterthought and I should just move on.

The data from Traffic Analyzer is generated by Trend Micro's proprietary engine, and is stored in an undocumented sqlite database. I can't access that database, and don't know either if it contains all the necessary data to mimic what was available with IPTraffic.

It does report some pretty useful data concerning individual client usage, I think it's just that the web interface Asus developed for it is awkward to use.